I am pleased to announce the release of "Roku / iTunes Track Counter".
This is a solution for those running iTunes as a Music Server on Windows, who wish to have the "Play Count" and "Last Played" fields updated by what's being played by the SoundBridge.
Current feature list:
- Connects to any Roku SoundBridge model
- Interrogates the SoundBridge using its own web interface
- Polls the SoundBridge every 3 minutes (configurable)
- Updates the iTunes Play Count and Last Played values for the currently playing track
- Displays the details of the currently playing track
- Minimizes to the System Tray to reduce desktop clutter
- Built using Microsoft .Net Framework v1.1
- Note that the Roku / iTunes Track Counter behaves differently to the way that iTunes does: iTunes will only update the track Play Count when the track has finished playing; The Roku / iTunes Track Counter will update the Play Count if the SoundBridge is playing the track when it is polled, and wasn't playing the track the last time it was polled.
Anyway, if you are interested in trying it, then you can download the 83KB zip file from http://www.foghornlimited.net/RokuTrackCounter.html
Any questions, feel free to ask.