Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tiger_in_houston

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:48 am

Thanks for this very useful utility!

dave@harlequinfarm.com

Play count not incrementing on songs w/o Artist?

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:20 am

Question,

I've been running this for a few weeks now with my Soundbridge and of course love it. I've noticed that the play count hasn't incremented on any of my 1000's of older files that don't have Artist tags filled in. iTunes is definitely dishing them up, however the play count in iTunes is still nada. Is this a known or expected behavior?

Thanks, Dave

YourMum
Topic Author

Re: Play count not incrementing on songs w/o Artist?

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:46 am

dave@harlequinfarm.com wrote:
Question,

I've been running this for a few weeks now with my Soundbridge and of course love it. I've noticed that the play count hasn't incremented on any of my 1000's of older files that don't have Artist tags filled in. iTunes is definitely dishing them up, however the play count in iTunes is still nada. Is this a known or expected behavior?

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

This is expected behaviour. RIC identifies tracks in iTunes by using all of: track name, album name and artist. They must all contain some text. Maybe this isn't strictly necessary... I will have to investigate what iTunes allows - e.g. can you have a track with no title?

Thanks.
YourMum
---
Have you tried the Roku / iTunes Track Counter?

dave@harlequinfarm.com

Re: Play count not incrementing on songs w/o Artist?

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:05 pm

YourMum wrote:
Hi Dave,

This is expected behaviour. RIC identifies tracks in iTunes by using all of: track name, album name and artist. They must all contain some text. Maybe this isn't strictly necessary... I will have to investigate what iTunes allows - e.g. can you have a track with no title?

Thanks.

MyMum,

Good to know that the RIC is doing what you think it's doing. I have as slipshod a catalog of music as you need to see, and I don't have a single track in iTunes that has no Name. I have beaucoup tracks with neither an artist nor an album.

For example:

Name: 01
Artist:
Album:

(You should here the live version from Kickapoo '98, it's killer). Most of the files have a little more description, often having all the major details in the name

If you should find that the RIC can run on less data points, that would be great!

Thanks for sharing your app.

Dave

TinBox

ta!

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:57 am

Worked perfectly first time for me - M1000 with latest beta firmware - thanks, it's great.

(Mind you as I'm playing my playlist containing the music from the Sky+ EPG I'm not sure I'm a good reference :wink: )
Ah - so that's what high voltage feels like...

Cragar

Shuffle error

Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:43 am

Any update on fixing the error when running the playcount while in shuffle mode on the Soundbridge. I keep getting an error. Or does anyone know a workaround?

jhanlon

Anyone Have This Program Working?

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:03 am

The link for this program is dead. Does anyone have a copy of the program that they could send to me?

Is there any alternative for getting the iTunes playcount updated when played on my SoundBridge?
Jim Hanlon