Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Wander
Topic Author

WM Connect vanishing problem!!

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:04 am

Hi all!
My Windows media connect has vanished!! I'm not sure why! The only thing I can think is that I bought an ipod for my wife, downloaded itunes and converted all my wma to aac, taking days in the process!
But then no wm connect!
So, I've uninstalled itunes and tried downloading WMC again.It will download but it won't install! Strange?!
Any ideas much appreciated!
:?

RokuMike

Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:43 am

Out of curiosity, if you converted all your WMA to AAC, do you still really need WMC?

Wander
Topic Author

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:33 am

It's a boring tale......I bought the ipod for my wife knowing that it wouldn't play WMA, which is what all of our media is, but having been informed when I purchased it that I could load MP3 through WMPlayer.
I now know that WMplayer can't even acknowledge an ipod exists!

Heard of my prob before?

chitownsteve

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:09 pm

My WMC has vanished as well. I think it happened while I was trying to set up a weather display on the M2000. I've also tried downloading WMC again and after running the setup still nothing. So for now i'm just using iTunes although I'd rather not have it running on my PC at all times.

grommet

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Off topic... but...

Wander, there are tools than can "live transcode" other formats for iPod... there is ever a plug-in for WMP called X-Play 2, which allows direct iPod support for MP3, and transocding for WMA. There are also other media programs with similar functionality...

Sorry, no help on the WMC 2.0 issues. It's never caused me grief like that. Try using Firefly as an alternative server... it supports MP3, WMA & AAC (and more).

Wander
Topic Author

Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:55 pm

Wow!
Thanks, amd to think that I'm the biggest techie most of my friends know! Not a patch on you guys!

Now have a Creative Zen MPthingy, and it's fab! I know ipods and all things mac are cool but using the Zen through WMP was a bucket load easier!

That said if I have more problems I certainly think I'll pop them on here first!