Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TeeJay2
Topic Author

Internet Radio on the Soundbridge

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:56 pm

For reasons beyond this post, I dusted off my m1000 and m1001 and both function perfectly to access my iTunes library. No radio OMG. With the Roku server down for internet radio, these have lost 50% of their functionality. There is a workaround by adding urls to presets, but this gets you less than 2 dozen stored, compared to the thousands of stations that remain available. I get that Roku did not want to support legacy devices but there must be a LOT of them out there. I would be willing to pay a subscription for access as we had before - annually or lifetime, as long as it was reasonable.

Not sure if anyone at Roku reads posts on this forum, but this could at least break even on costs to run a server AND restore some good feeling about your company from users that paid to keep you running AND add value to legacy devices that are still working well. 

My 2 cents.

Alan13145

Re: Internet Radio on the Soundbridge

Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:43 am

I bought an M1000 second hand. I have got it to beam music and video to my hifi and TV. When I try the Internet Radio setup, it tries and retries to no no avail.
I was in contact with Roku help.." This is a legacy device and no longer supported " Cannot help. When registering, the final act is to enter your Link Code, which did not appear on my TV as stated. They have no default codes..They cannot supply any codes.
It seems from research, Roku has turned off the internet radio servers, and all users have been denied access to Internet Radio???? How can this happen?

46jimbo

Re: Internet Radio on the Soundbridge

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:54 pm

There is a long thread here regarding this problem.  Roku shut down the radio station database, so you have to use presets.