Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dalaut
Topic Author

WFAN changed URL

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:03 pm

Would anyone know the current, working URL for WFAN?
I've checked our forum boards, the ones listed fail.

TIA,

Dave

candyking

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:47 pm

I'm having the same problem. Was working until yesterday. I'm not sure if they changed their audio stream, but radio snooper isn't picking anything up.

adams888

See My Post From Related Thread

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:55 pm

The following messages were relayed to my father-in-law by CBS after we both lost our links to WFAN and WCBS and he emailed them to ask what was going on. Apparently, they are concerned with piracy. They do say they are willing to speak with Roku about licensing but I don't know what that means in terms of dollars. RokuMike? Any chance of doing something to help?

CBS Message I:

Thank you for your email.

CBS has changed their technology to our special flash encoding.

Also: Due to CBS having to place Anti-Piracy measures into place... You can only listen to the stream from the station's Home Page.

All the best.

CBS support

CBS Message 2:

Regretfully... This new technology actually increases our "overall" audience.

We appreciate you spending a lot of money on your Roku equipment.

If you know somebody in their R&D Dept... We are more than willing to speak with them and license to them the proper rights for their product to recieve our stream.

Best regards,

CBS support

RokuMike

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:02 pm

That's very disappointing. We'll see about getting in touch with them, but you can imagine that if each station adopts their own home-brewed "security", then that will make it harder for us to play their content. For the time being, the best approach is exactly the one you've taken: let them know you want to listen to their station on something other than a PC, and that you would like them to make that possible.

Bob l.

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:03 pm

I went on the CBS radio website. They have a very long list of streaming radio stations.If Roku can negotiate licensing them it would benefit all of Roku users. The website is -www.radiomat.com/streaming/index.html
I'm not sure that a licensing fee would be involved.