Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Soundhunter
Topic Author

Which capacity of SD memory card for SB radio?

Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:54 pm

Dear All,

I'm not sure, which memory card is the best to buy. I hope it is possible to read from an 8GB card from Type SD - no SDHC. More information I don't found in forum and in FAQ.

Have anyone some experience in this? Can something recommended (4 or 8 GB)?

Thanks for every hint!
SH

PS: Sorry for my bad english! :oops:

ankur

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:52 am

I have used various 4GB cards and they work great, never tried an 8gb card. I must point out though that i didn't like it showing all the files as a single list, it doesn't show folders.

cheers.

Burkhardi

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:24 am

ankur wrote:
I have used various 4GB cards and they work great, never tried an 8gb card. I must point out though that i didn't like it showing all the files as a single list, it doesn't show folders.

cheers.

These were normal SD, not the SDHC, right?
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

ankur

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:34 am

No it doesnt support the HC, i knew it but i tried an SDHC card anyway and obviously it didnt work :).

Soundhunter
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:23 am

Hi,

I use now a 4GB Premium Card from extrememory (38 €). That works fine. Only the job to change the file names needs a lot of time. Now the files are stored in folders and complete naming "interpret - album - track - titel".

Thanks for your reply
SH

gcd0865

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:00 am

I used a Transcend 150x 4GB SD (not SDHC) card for the first time the other night in my Soundbridge Radio. The SB recognized and played all songs on the card just fine, although it didn't recognize the time/duration of the songs at all. The time bar was empty and didn't progress at all during song playback (not a big deal, really).

If it's any help, the SD card contains regular unprotected mp3s, transferred over from a laptop by simple drag copying. When used in my Palm Treo with the latest version of Kinoma Media Player, the time/duration of the songs is recognized, and the time bar progresses just fine during playback.

My music is also displayed alphabetically by title. I haven't tried to group them in folders (such as by genre), partly because I read somewhere that the folders wouldn't be recognized, either by my Treo or by the Kinoma Media Player.

Also, I read on one of the Treo message boards that the SD format for these memory cards can only go up to 4GB max storage, due to the formatting of the card. Anything above that (like 8GB) has to be in the SDHC format, which (I believe) requires some kind of additional software capability for reading/writing that is not built in to my Treo (and may not be in our Soundbridges either).