Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

banner

Another Dead Roku Soundbridge

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 pm

regnault wrote:
alanmc wrote:
@ banner

In my opinion all soundbridge radios with original power supplies will be doomed to fail.

I'd read all the info about the original power supplies. I had hoped that this latest Roku (with the warranty sticker) was going to live a good and long life. So, either the new power supply has a similar problem, or the warranty stickers are being applied to units with original power supplies, which is particularly worrying.

Is it just me, or is this entire Roku Form particulary gruesome? My sent-PMs sit in the outbox for days, replying to posts doesn't include the subject, and the navigation is horrible...

jjaf

Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 am

banner:

I think you will find that your PM messages sit in the Outbox until they are read by the recipient; this is not an email system. Give them a few more days, and if it was to g0pkh it may be a longer wait because he now spends much of his time doing repairs :wink: .

The forum software is not written by Roku, go to the phpBB website for their forums.

banner

Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:26 am

jjaf wrote:

I think you will find that your PM messages sit in the Outbox until they are read by the recipient.

That makes sense, but never crossed my mind. Thanks.

jjaf wrote:
Give them a few more days, and if it was to g0pkh it may be a longer wait because he now spends much of his time doing repairs :wink: .

I can believe it!

Cheers,
banner

Skyray

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:45 pm

My Soundbridge Radio died nine days ago. I e-mailed Roku support on Thursday, April 9 and got the autoresponse, but no reply from a human yet.

Looks to be the power supply problem others have noted here -- just doesn't turn on at all.

Anyone know what they charge for an out-of-warranty repair in the USA on this?

I just sent the repair info request again using my work address, in case there was a spam filter somewhere along the way eating their support response.

g0pkh

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi Skyray

Drop Burkhardi (Matt) a PM.
He is in the US and will do an out of warranty repair for you.

We work together on these.

Pete
Soundbridge and Photobridge repairs offered.
contact via PM or hillyp02-roku@yahoo.co.uk

AlWahl

Dead Roku R1000

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:50 am

I note for the benefit of the forum that I am an early Roku R1000 owner whose radio died as a result of the failure of the power supply after (soon after) the warranty had expired. For various reasons, I decided not to have it replaced by Roku with a “reconditionedâ€

rajt

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:10 am

Bought mine first one around 20 months ago.

11 months later it died.

Spent £35 posting it to Germany and getting a replacement.

The replacement died last week....

Think I will spend my money on another product.

1 Dead R1000 for sale then !

m0aur

Re: Another dead Soundbridge

Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 am

I owned a Soundbridge R1000 radio a couple of years ago and always regretted getting rid of it. I have bought two off Ebay this last week, neithet have a remote control. The one that has arrived so far was sold as dead, so I assumed the usual power supply problem, and at £21 delivered I took to be a good deal as they are making £50 - £60 with blown power units.
After discovering this thread last night, I took the plunge and totally removed and binned the power supply, using a hot melt gun to fix a piece of wood in it's place. Drilled one hole and fixed a dc power socket from the junk box onto the rear and fixed both lines to it. Back to the junk box, and out comes a 2Amp 3/6/9/12v variable regulated linear power supply. The old girl has burst back into life, with all circuits performing well just on the 9v setting. Volume and bass is as I remember from my previous unit. I am now looking for a remote. Can anyone tell me if any soundbridge will work with thr R1000.
The second unit that I am waiting to arrive, is working, but again has no remote. The power supply pleases itself on that one, though I may well get rid of it in case it fails and causes damage elsewhere.
3 X LOGIK IR100...Soundbridge...Soundbridge Home Music.

PapaSmurf

Fri May 06, 2011 8:47 am

I've got spare remote....somewhere, I'll see if i can find it - it's yours if i can

S80_UK

Fri May 06, 2011 8:54 am

"m0aur" - there's a name from the past. Welcome back.

Yes - all SoundBridge remotes will work with all SoundBridge versions.
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i

dupondt

Fri May 06, 2011 1:32 pm

m0aur wrote:
I am now looking for a remote.

Roku still sell remote controls for the SoundBridge: http://shop.roku.com/soundbridge-accessories.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

logandzwon

Wed May 11, 2011 12:35 pm

anyone currently repairing this power supplies out of warranty? Whats the going cost?

Jonathanm1

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Well my Soundbridge died about 2 months ago. It was obviously the power supply failure. I email support at Roku. It took a while and a bit of pestering and I finally got a reply. My unit was 22 months old so I thought the chances of anything being done was next to nil. I could still produce my original bill from the internet sale. (I'm a stickler for keeping things) Anyway to my surprise I got a mail back saying that the unit was still under waranty (the power supplies have a 2 year guarantee) and I could return it to the States (I am in Monaco). Anyway I packed it up and sent it off. It took about 1 to 2 months and after a bit of pestering I was told that "a unit was sent out to me last Monday".

2 Days ago Fedex contacted me and said that they had a package for me. I was concerned that I might have got massaced again by import duties but there was nothing to pay. I opened up the unit (the box was old) but inside the unit looks pretty new - the remote is not but it works fine so what the flower...
The sound is a million times better than my old unit. I have version 3 software installed and so far I am very happy. I hope that the power supply lasts longer in this version.

I have to say thanks to Roku - well done! :D

eaglesdare

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 am

I have a Soundbridge badged M1000 with an internal power supply.

Like many on here my power supply died. Fortunately I found an electician who lives 5 minutes away from my home who fixed it for me.

I live nr Crawley, West Sussex in the UK and if anyone has a problem getting their radios fixed, if you PM me, I can give you his contact details. He charges a very reasonable £35 to fix it.

leider

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi. Both my two radios are dead now and I will sell them. I live in Germany and prefer sending to EU.

Make offer by DM.

Cheers,
Andreas