Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mosearch1
Topic Author

multiple soundbridges sync'd up & playing the same playl

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:01 am

... sorry; i'm a newbie; hope this question hasn't been asked-to-death...BUT, can I set up 2 roku 1001s in different rooms, playing thru different speaker systems, BUT playing the same playlist (sync'd up) so as I move around the house the same music is playing in different parts of the house? Whole-house stereo so to speak...Or would this require another approach...?
:?

fshagan

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:38 am

I *think* would be hard to synch them, as they don't really act as slaves of one another but as individual devices. Any difference in buffering rate for wireless operation would be a problem.

One of the media streamers does synchronize slave units, but its quite a bit more than buying a few SoundBridges! I think it starts at about $1,200.

You might be able to do something with a single SoundBridge and a "whole house" FM transmitter. You can Google that phrase; I don't know anything about these units, but I have one of those smaller ones that allows me to output my iPod to my truck FM stereo, and it works well.

andyg

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:20 pm

bregent wrote:
>. sorry; i'm a newbie; hope this question hasn't been asked-to-death...

It has, so your best bet is to search this forum for the answer. Try searching on 'synched' - that will get you started.

...and welcome to the forums. Pretty much most of what you'll ever want to ask has indeed already been covered so *please* do search first before posting. Even if it means wading through a zillion posts. That way you get to learn even more :wink:

Not mentioning Sonos by name (ahem), that's the best system I believe for multi-room syncing. At a price... The soundbridge doesn't do it natively, but as Bregent writes, do a search as there are workarounds.
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8