Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Boulderite
Topic Author

Dead Soundbridge Radio Owners: Post an Amazon Review

Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 pm

If your Soundbridge Radio has died due to the power supply design flaw, post a review of your radio on Amazon.

You can do so at http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0 ... ewpoints=1

Burkhardi

Re: Dead Soundbridge Radio Owners: Post an Amazon Review

Thu May 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Boulderite wrote:
If your Soundbridge Radio has died due to the power supply design flaw, post a review of your radio on Amazon.

You can do so at http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0 ... ewpoints=1

Per this post and RokuLyndon, the issue has been addressed and the addressed units have a "Warranty Void" sticker on them that is the key sign that you have the right unit.

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=16190

RokuLyndon wrote:
I'd have to check to find the exact state this was put in place, but there is now a solution in place that addresses a source of power related failures. This fix is applied to all new and replacement radios.

If you purchase a new radio from roku.com right now, or if your radio is replaced now, or has been replaced in the last couple months, your unit has the fix applied.

RokuLyndon wrote:
On the first part of the question to me, all units that have been modified have a "void if removed" warranty sticker on the bottom, whether they are new or refurb.

Hope this may be helpful, Matt

EDIT: For use of wrong quote
Last edited by Burkhardi on Thu May 01, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

Boulderite
Topic Author

Thu May 01, 2008 2:15 pm

It was Lyndon himself who wrote me that I had to pay $199 for the fix. He wrote me today. As far as I can tell, and as far as Lyndon's email implied, the issue is not resolved.

Richard

RokuLyndon

Fri May 02, 2008 7:41 am

Richard,

As I've posted on this site, the issue has been resolved. And, units that hate the warranty sticker on the bottom have been updated. If you took from my reply that this wasn't fixed, I'm sorry, but that's not the case. This applies to both new and refurbished units.

Boulderite
Topic Author

Issue resolved

Fri May 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Roku has kindly agreed to honor my radio's warranty, even though it is 7 months past the 1-year period. Thanks very much to Lyndon for his quick customer support efforts. This decision demonstrates a strong commitment by Roku to its customers.

My apologies, if others feel that I have belabored the issue on this forum.

Richard