Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tedhessjr
Topic Author

Duplicate MAC address

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:13 pm

My 3rd SoundBridge and (allegedly) brand new R1000 (my 2nd) just arrived after New Years. As I attempted to register it on RadioRoku, I discovered that someone else had my "Unique ID" (MAC address) -- way to go Roku!!! :o :o

This duplicate MAC address has been confirmed by the owner of the other R1000 unit. RadioRoku gives you the user name (email address) of the unit you are trying to discover. This disclosure is not too cool either.

I notified Roku Support, supplying the requested information as the error message requested, but as of today (72hrs) I have not had a response. I'm not sure what, if anything, they can do for this situation anyway.

I have a feeling this may be a referb or demo unit pawned off as new. Also noted it did not have the "Warranty void if removed" sticker. I fear another R1000 power supply failure in my future.

My 4yr old M1000 keeps on ticking...

/ted

RokuLyndon

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:27 pm

This has been fixed. Please see your email.

tedhessjr
Topic Author

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Thanks! All fixed.

OK, I can set the RadioRoku UniqueId from within RCP - Kewl...

/ted

KlaasV

Re: Duplicate MAC address

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 am

tedhessjr wrote:
RadioRoku gives you the user name (email address) of the unit you are trying to discover. This disclosure is not too cool either.

OK, I can set the RadioRoku UniqueId from within RCP

These are only two of the security and privacy issues of Radio Roku and the SoundBridges. Any vilain with enough criminal energy could easily get the email addresses of all registered users and more.

Regards
Klaas

chloepoo

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:44 am

Hi Roku Suppport,
I've many times request for help about the issue, but no feedback at all since beginning of November... I've again paste my request as shown below. Please help to resolve my problem as soon as possible!!

Please provide me a new unique identifier so that I can discover and control my SoundBridge.
Last edited by chloepoo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dupondt

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:33 am

chloepoo,

I sent you a PM, so please check your inbox.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

geekguy

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:40 pm

tedhessjr wrote:
Thanks! All fixed.

OK, I can set the RadioRoku UniqueId from within RCP - Kewl...

/ted

Is this an easy task for the uninitiated? If so, is it easy enough to post the steps?

Thanks.

zivodevo

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Can anyone tell me how to fix this please as I'm getting no response from Roku support after 10 days and 3 emails? The email address that is registered to my MAC address is no longer valid and I can't access anything being sent there.

I know how to telnet in for RCP access if that helps.

Any help would be appreciated.

jjaf

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi zivodevo
The MAC address is linked to your RadioRoku account not an email address. Are you saying that you can no longer log into your account? What is it that you are trying to do with the account?
R1000, M400, M1001

zivodevo

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. :D

I'm trying to discover my device in Roku Radio. It finds it OK but says that the MAC is registered to another user; me but an old email address that I no longer have access to. It then prompts me to log a support call stating "Please provide me a new unique identifier so that I can discover and control my SoundBridge".

I did this and got a reply from Roku stating they would contact me in 48hrs with an easy 'fix it' but that was on the 19th of November and I'm still waiting.

This thread showed some hope for me as others have fixed this problem but no one is actually saying how they achieved it.

chloepoo

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi there,
I'm having the same problem since last November... it has been a year, an nothing being fixed!!!
My first report was in Nov 2009.. after 3 months repeated request messages finally RokuLyndon reponded with a note saying " I will have it fixed " that gave me much hope at that time.. months has gone past with my repeated request to varios Roku Support personnels BUT NOTHING BEING FIXED!

As I'm a system intergrator and I've applied Roku radios in a number of my projects in the past... but now I don't have confident in using Roku products as I can afford to up set my client again!

Hopefully, if the support team happened to read this message... please help me to fix the Duplicate MAC address so that I could fully ultilize the available features of it.

Good Luck to you all

Regards,
Chloe

dupondt

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:03 am

Hi zivodevo,

welcome to the forums.

I'm trying to discover my device in Roku Radio. It finds it OK but says that the MAC is registered to another user; me but an old email address that I no longer have access to.

If you remember the password related to your old account (the one with the email address you no longer have access to) you can try the following to help yourself:

1) Log in to Radio Roku with the old email address and password.
2) In the "Devices" widget (where it says "Discover your SoundBridge devices.") click the name of your SoundBridge.
3) On the next page ("My Devices") click the button "Release" to the right of your SoundBridge's details.
4) Repeat step 4 for all other SoundBridges listed (if applicable).
5) Log out of Radio Roku.
6) Log in to Radio Roku with your new account.
7) Click "Discover" in the "Devices" widget.

If that fails try contacting RokuJamesL by sending him a PM and ask him to resolve the issue.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

zivodevo

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:08 am

dupondt

Thanks. As I've still not heard from Roku support (thanks guys), I managed to convince my old ISP to allow me access to me old email account and then requested a new password for my RokuRadio account and released it that way. Unfortunately, I've lost all faith in the product now due to the lack of support and returned to XBMC Remote. Thanks Roku. IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT HARD.

DJans

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:05 am

Same problem here,

I tried to contact Lyndon and RokuJamesL one week ago but no reaction until now. Sorry to post this into the forum but I get no answer on e-mail and PM. So please please please help:

I bought two used Soundbridge Radios R1000, they have the following names and Mac Addresses: 

R1000   SoundBridge Radio (Lounge) 00:0D:4B:0D:09:29
R1000   SoundBridge Radio (Bedroom) 00:0D:4B:0D:08:5F

I tried to assign these Radios ty my account (Name: xepos) but it says me these devices are assigned to

Roku@bosdinas.fsnet.co.uk

I tried to mail this e-mail address to ask the person to release the 2 devices but that mail address does not exist.
So can you please release the 2 devices that I can assign the radios to my RadioRoku account.

DJans

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:30 am

Or is there a way to change the mac address of the radios? somebody here wrote about the RCP command can be used to change the mac address. If that is possible what is the syntax for that?

Thanks and regards
DJans