Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

zeken
Topic Author

My M1001 is DEAD ! Help Me !!

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:57 am

Hi Everyone

I guess I am not the only one who owns a dead soundbridge music player.

I am in Canada - is there someone like Pete in the UK that can repair the unit ?

The unit just went dead after working for quite sometime. From reading the forums I am guessing that this is a PSU issue that everyone has been reporting.

You can email me directly at zeken@yahoo.com with any of your suggestions.

Thanks
Shawn

alanmc

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:17 am

You fail to mention precisely what checks you have undertaken as regards the 'suspect' PSU of your M1001 - please let us know !!!

If you use the search button, you'll find plenty of info on this topic which regrettably is all too common on Roku SoundBridges of all models.

zeken
Topic Author

Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:29 pm

alanmc wrote:
You fail to mention precisely what checks you have undertaken as regards the 'suspect' PSU of your M1001 - please let us know !!!

If you use the search button, you'll find plenty of info on this topic which regrettably is all too common on Roku SoundBridges of all models.

Hi Alan

The only thing I have done is change outlets - I am no electrician so I dont know how to test it. Someone here told me to test the power adapter and there is someone here from Toronto where I am from thats willing to let me test it.

I dont know where else to turn and I hope maybe Matt can fix it for me even though I am in Canada. I have emailed him and look forward to his response.

jdc1947

Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Perhaps it needs someone to be somewhat blunt !

1. This forum is for Discussing SoundBridge Radio-specific issues ie it's for those who own a Soundbridge R1000 radio (not a M1001 who should post in the Soundbridge General Discussion Forum)

2. There is plenty of information in the Search section on M1001 PSU issues

3. For less than $10 US you could replace the PSU - USE "SEARCH" TO GET MORE DETAILS OF WHAT TO BUY

diannabill

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:28 pm

Perhaps it needs someone to be somewhat blunt !

1. This forum is for Discussing SoundBridge Radio-specific issues ie it's for those who own a Soundbridge R1000 radio (not a M1001 who should post in the Soundbridge General Discussion Forum)

C'mon, the guy's only been a forum member for two days and has only posted 3 times. Cut him some slack! It's obvious he's frustrated and wants some help. Although probably well-intentioned, sometimes the forum police can be quite rude.

To be clear, the forum should be broken down by R1000, M1001, or whatever other categories would make sense. If I just owned a M1001, I might call it a "Soundbridge Radio" too, without even knowing there was such a device.

And as an aside--it's obvious that interest in the Roku Forums (at least as far as the Soundbridge product line is concerned) is dropping rapidly. I don't think I'm personally going to be overwhelmed by posts innocently posted in the wrong place.

jdc1947

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:42 am

>>> diannabill

Please ask yourself just what help and assistance was passed by you to the OP as regards this problem? Your comment served no useful purpose to the OP.

Whilst you justifiably criticised my blunt response, you in no way assisted the OP, who had already been advised to use the Search facility to seek information on this issue, where all manner of threads that deal with this now common fault can be discovered. For example, these include what voltage & current specifications the replacement PSU needed to have, along with caution notes about it's polarity.

If my response offends you, that was never the intention.

46jimbo

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:23 am

If this is such a common problem, perhaps it could be made a 'sticky'.

(And yes, I too found the tone of both of jdc1947's responses to be quite unfriendly.)

jdc1947

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:06 am

One really would have to be very naïve to even consider that Roku would find it acceptable to create a ‘Sticky’ that acknowledged that the #1 fault reported in these forums by Soundbridge customers was the Power Supply, and then go on to tell unskilled customers the diagnostic and repair/replacement procedures required. Get Real !

zeken
Topic Author

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:24 am

Sorry to have bothered you JDC - you obviously have plenty of time on your hands to come on here and complain rather than doing something productive with your time.