Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dblunt
Topic Author

Lack of response to opened support tickets

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Over the last few months I have opened three support tickets on the Roku site. The language on the site indicates that depending on volume I'll receive a response in 48 hours or so. Well, I haven't received a response on any of my tickets.

If the ticket system isn't being used, then perhaps it should be taken down? It's misleading to offer that support channel if it's not going to be responded to at all.

My particular problem was a dead R1000. I had to correspond through emails with Matt Burkhard (private repairer) and then he pointed me to Lyndon Allydice (Roku). I eventually got an RMA number and sent my unit off to Roku in Scotts Valley, California, and they received it on August 7th. Since then, no word, despite another ticket lobbed into the system with a request for status on the RMA # in question.

Roku - please take the support ticket feature OFF your site if you aren't going to respond to it.

RokuLyndon

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:08 pm

I'll check on your RMA. It should have been automatically processed, with a tracking # sent to you once it shipped.

Did you send in your request for a status update your RMA under a different email address? Maybe we're having problems with the forms because there's no recent email from this email address in our ticketing system about an RMA, or any issue beyond the RMA itself.

dblunt
Topic Author

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:09 am

There are three ticket numbers I filed - 100679, 102167 and one most recently for which I did not receive an automatic email response. That ticket is the one where I requested status on RMA # R-105261. The first two are where I asked for an RMA #. Please do let me know the status of the RMA. My email address is the one I sent to you at your roku email address most recently as August 21.

RokuLyndon

Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm checking with someone at the warehouse. I'll send you an email once I have confirmation the unit is shipping out.

RokuLyndon

Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Hey,

Did you get an email response with the most recent ticket #? When I lookup 105261, it exists, but it's a case for a different customer. None of this is necessary for processing your RMA. I'm just trying to understand what happened to your email.

Thanks.

dblunt
Topic Author

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 am

RMA 105261 is the number you provided to me in the email you sent me on August 4. If that has been tagged as a different customer... how am I going to get my unit back? It was sent insured UPS with me as the sender.

Please let me know where my unit has got to, and how long it will take to repair. I don't have any way to check the ticket status myself.

dblunt
Topic Author

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:13 am

Lyndon - I filed yet another ticket, and verified my email address is correct. I didn't receive an automated response like I did with the first two created back at the end of June. I have checked my spam filter too. Also, there is a link on the support form saying to click it for support - this is the URL:

http://soundbridge.roku.com/support_sb.php

Yet when I click on that I get a 404. :(

Please, I have emailed you my phone number and put it in every ticket I have opened. Please contact me so that my 2 month wait for a fixed device is not prolonged further.

Thanks,

Dave.

RokuLyndon

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:39 pm

I sent you an email a little earlier stating that your unit is shipping out today. I'll contact the web team about the forms. The autoresponse is automatic.

dblunt
Topic Author

Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks Lyndon. I got the unit today. I plugged it in, and there's intermittent static and odd volume changes regardless of what source I'm listening to. :(

dblunt
Topic Author

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 am

What should I do about this other than contact you? I don't have a phone number or a ticket number that I can reach someone at.

RokuLyndon

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:52 am

I'll have another unit advanced to you. It will include a return ticket to pay for the return.

dblunt
Topic Author

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Lyndon - can you email me with a tracking number or information about when a unit will be advanced?

RokuLyndon

Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Yes,

I'll forward that information to you.

dblunt
Topic Author

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Lyndon -

Thank you, I received another R1000-B today and it appears to work. I will prepare the RMA'd one for return shipment this weekend.

I have one final question: Is the unit that I received today susceptible to the power supply failure that the original suffered, or does the replacement unit use different components or engineering to avoid the issue?

alanmc

Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:46 pm

No matter what response you get from Lyndon, you need to appreciate that he is a Roku employee, and is thus compelled to quote the "Party Line" in such a response.

I have no doubt that you will be told that the replacement unit contains an on-board PSU that has been upgraded via use of superior components etc, but the fact remains that there have been reports from some users that have experienced failures with such upgraded units. Total lack of ventilation in a very confined space for any heat-producing electronic component like a PSU does not bode well for such items. Not what you wanted to read, but it is fact !!!