Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ninerdick
Topic Author

Amazing what a new woofer can do: SoundBridge Radio

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 am

I have two R1000s. One needed a new Woofer recently. I was getting ...zzzzzzz...zzzz.zzzz... sounds as an overtone from the woofer.
Woofer should only make woofer sounds.

Matt Burkhard <burkhardi@hotmail.com> had repaired the power supply in my other R1000. So I contacted him.
He supplied a woofer for a reasonable price, and knowing how to use a soldering iron, I did the swap in an easy 10 minutes. My R1000 never left the living room.
Ask Matt for the pictures and you might beat my time...

I'm very happily pleased to have it working like I first heard it again.
:D

Burkhardi

Re: Amazing what a new woofer can do: SoundBridge Radio

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 am

Thanks for taking the time for the feedback and posting this ninerdick!
Also happy to hear your R1000 sounds as good as new!

I have already had a person from Germany contact me via PM wanting a woofer, which brings up another person, Pete (g0pkh is his forum name) whom does what I do here in the United States, but he is located in the United Kingdom. Pete and I work together to be able to offer out of warranty Roku repair/service on both sides of the pond.

Both Pete and I not only have the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) woofers with zero hours on them, but they are also the current revision as well.

We also have the left and right satellite assemblies too (these are the left and right speaker modules). The satellites we have also have the current revision OEM amplifiers in them too. A R1000 has three speakers, there is the woofer that you can see through it's round grill on the back portion of the unit and also there is a left and right satellite that are located on the front of the unit behind the black grill that covers the whole front of the unit (except for the display of course).
NOTE: There is black grill cloth under the front black metal grill and why you can not see the satellite speakers.

Both Pete and I are very happy to not only have these, but be able to supply them too you. .
So please contact either of us if you need replacement drivers for your R1000 (both Roku and Pinnacle branded) or any service/repair that you may need for your Roku or Pinnacle branded R1000 SoundBridge Radio (i.e. dead unit).

Thanks again, Matt
Matt's email <burkhardi@hotmail.com> or forum profile
Pete's email <hillyp02-roku@yahoo.co.uk> or forum profile
Please remove the < and > from the email address before using, this was added to try to avoid spam.

Edit: Updated Pete's email address
Last edited by Burkhardi on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

markfowler

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:58 am

Hi

I am in the UK and about a year ago I sent my R1000 to service centre in Germany to have the dreaded no power, power supply fixed under warranty. I got my R1000 back after spending £35 to get it there and it has worked fine for about 6 months. My problem now is that when the R1000 is playing music (I use Squeezebox server by Logitech) I have been getting pops and crackles through the speakers even when the R1000 is not playing anything and is just plugged into the mains, also it plays for about 20 minutes then no sound, I will turn off at the power source and turn it back on again sometimes it will work and other times not (this is not a network problem, no sound on FM or AM). This last week the sound went altogether so I decided to take the unit apart to investigate, I split the unit apart and I found that the socket/plug that carry the sound from the main unit to the subwoofer was loose and after taking the female pins out one at a time and tightening them up I now have the sound back. My problem now is that the subwoofer works intermittently. I cannot get my head round this problem I thought that a subwoofer would work or not work, not in-between.

Please has anyone had the same problems as me? :( :(

Burkhardi

Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:33 pm

markfowler wrote:
Hi

I am in the UK and about a year ago I sent my R1000 to service centre in Germany to have the dreaded no power, power supply fixed under warranty. I got my R1000 back after spending £35 to get it there and it has worked fine for about 6 months. My problem now is that when the R1000 is playing music (I use Squeezebox server by Logitech) I have been getting pops and crackles through the speakers even when the R1000 is not playing anything and is just plugged into the mains, also it plays for about 20 minutes then no sound, I will turn off at the power source and turn it back on again sometimes it will work and other times not (this is not a network problem, no sound on FM or AM). This last week the sound went altogether so I decided to take the unit apart to investigate, I split the unit apart and I found that the socket/plug that carry the sound from the main unit to the subwoofer was loose and after taking the female pins out one at a time and tightening them up I now have the sound back. My problem now is that the subwoofer works intermittently. I cannot get my head round this problem I thought that a subwoofer would work or not work, not in-between.

Please has anyone had the same problems as me? :( :(

Check the black connector that goes from the main body to the rear enclosure.
remove the four T15 security screws and then whilst the two halves are split, but still plugged together (both the white connector and the black one) wiggle the wires on the black connector to check for intermittent opens.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

Porcci

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 am

I'm very happily pleased to have it working like I first heard it again. The info is very valuable for me . I found out much good stuff here. It helped me a lot.