Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

cheddar-caveman
Topic Author

SoundBridge HomeMusic

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:38 am

I have a Pinnacle SoundBridge HomeMusic Wi-Fi system, model M400PX. It has suddenly stopped working. It would appear that even though it finds the home hub wi-fi network it just wont connect.

I have a BT hub and this gives three wi-fi signals, the home-hud password protected one, the BTFON "hot-spot" and the BTOpenzone. All three of these appear on the menu of the Pinnacle when I go to settings, wi-fi setup but the unit just wont lock in and play.

Any suggestions please? I appreciate this is quite an old unit but why should it suddenly cease working like this???

jazzyjeff

Re: SoundBridge HomeMusic

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:43 am

Try doing a full router and modem reset and power down and power up the Pinnacle. Remove the power supply from the Pinnacle jack or unplug it from the wall. Don't just power it down with the switch. That will correct a lot of network errors and a good start. Also if you power down your cable or DSL modem (if you have one) make sure it does not have a backup battery. If it does remove it to do a power down reset.

I have seen some strange things caused by the modem and router and although all my current devices on the wireless network were working, it would not allow new connects by any other device. Really strange stuff.

Also I saw this recently in a Linksys router. There was a menu item in there which said something to the affect of allow portable or non window connections. Make sure that is checked as my buddies Itouch would not connect to his router until I did this.

Hope this helps and in your troubleshooting procedure.

cheddar-caveman
Topic Author

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:13 am

Many thanks for replying. I have tried just about everything! My hub is a BTHomeHub and all was working fine, then just stopped?
I have switched off and unplugged both the hub and the M400 and re booted them both, to no effect. On the M400 when I scan for wi-fi it finds the main hub and the OpenZone and BTFon but just wont connect. I can only think there is a problem in the M400. I have posted a question on the Roku support but they are not replying so looks like a new system needed :(

jjaf

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 am

Failure to connect to a wifi is one of the symptoms of a failing PSU. See this thread for assistance in finding a replacement for your M400.
R1000, M400, M1001