Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

46jimbo
Topic Author

CBCMUSIC.CA

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:02 pm

CBC has really upped its offerings. They now have a new site for 40 new internet-only stations at cbcmusic.ca, covering many genres.

Some nice fellow has posted the URL's for them here: http://misener.org/archives/1266

Just copy and paste them into your Roku Presets.

YXU

Re: CBCMUSIC.CA

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:30 am

Thanks for posting this. CBCMusic just launched and I came here to see who/how the URL's have been added. Perfect!

FrankB

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:38 am

I started adding these to RadioRoku last night but only one station worked for me, Complete Cohen. The next two classical streams would not play on my PC or Roku. I'll try back again later.

Frank

dupondt

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 am

When I checked the URLs two days ago only three or four were playing and the channels weren't working on CBC's website either. That doesn't seem to have changed today. Perhaps the service is not fully up and running yet because it's still a beta version.

"Complete Cohen" is an excellent channel, though. KUDOS to the CBC.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

46jimbo
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 am

They all work for me. I just went down the list of URL's and they all played on my computer. (Does the fact that I'm living in Canada make any difference? Surely there isn't a geographical restriction?)

Kudos to CBC for a station dedicated to Aboriginal artists!

dupondt

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:19 am

46jimbo wrote:
Does the fact that I'm living in Canada make any difference? Surely there isn't a geographical restriction?

As they're not working for Frank in the USA and me in Germany they might indeed be geo-locked.

Greetings
dupondt

nesta

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:34 am

46jimbo wrote:
Just copy and paste them into your Roku Presets.

How is this possible...please say how it could be done.

And while I'm asking, I could ask whether others have difficulties connnecting to BBC...whole bunch of stations, but getting the "trying to connect up to 1000 times but it will not connect."

Just got mine, so any ideas on how to really learn and get to know this well will be good.

Cheers

dupondt

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:04 am

nesta wrote:
How is this possible...please say how it could be done.

First of all please read the user guide. Further information can be found in the FAQ (section "How can I add a station to my Presets...") and in this sticky.

And while I'm asking, I could ask whether others have difficulties connnecting to BBC...whole bunch of stations, but getting the "trying to connect up to 1000 times but it will not connect."

Over the years the BBC made quite a few changes (modified URLs, added and removed geo-blocking, used different audio formats, just to name a few) which sometimes caused problems for the SoundBridges. For several years, however, the BBC's stations AFAIK play flawlessly on Roku's orphaned devices.

Greetings
dupondt