Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

scooterg
Topic Author

Problem with Firefly Linix

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:12 am

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I setup linux firefly on a NAS. My Soundbridge reconizes it via the display. When I select it, I get a message saying that it is connecting but then doesn't connect. I check over the minor modifications I made to the firefly configuration. I can't find anything wrong. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do so I can get the roku to play the songs from that server? Thanks.

Scot

scooterg
Topic Author

Re: Problem with Firefly Linix

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Bregent,

Yes I have. I have Twonky running fine. Eventually when the NAS that Twonky is on goes, I want to use a device that I bought called the PogoPlug. It runs linux, Firefly and other software. A little background info. I used to have a Linksys E2000 and I was able to connect to Firefly no problem. I had a problem with the Router because the network would go down frequently. I tossed it. I now have a Linksys Valet and I can't connect to Firefly. I can see it on the Soundbridge. I get a message telling me it's connecting, and then a little later, I get connection failed. I then thought it was a router problem. I tried another router and the same result. Can't connect. Since I have installed Firefly numerous times, I am thinking there is something wrong with Firefly. I have heard many speak about the log files to find out any issues. Does anyone know where they are and what they are named? I wish I knew more about Firefly but I don't. If someone knows more about it, I would appreciate the help. Thank you.

Scot

scooterg
Topic Author

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Yes I have. I have used the one you addressed in the link and Fireplay. Neither one was able to stream music to the Soundbridge. I need the media server to do that or am I missing something?

Scot

scooterg
Topic Author

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Sorry Bregent. I know what the problem is. It would have helped if I read the setup better. With the device I am using, there is an incompatibility with the firefly and the linux version that is installed on the device. I was able to get this to work at one time but Firefly kept going down for know reason and that is because of the incompatibilty. I have no idea what the incompatibility is. When I was last installed firefly, it was working but the Soundbrdige could not connect. This is all the result of incompatibility. It would be great if the Twonky developers would adapte their player to the device. Unfortunately the developers have no plans.

Scot

Paulhifs

Problem with Firefly Linix

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:48 am

Dear Mori,

I had tried jdk 32 bit with eclipse juno 32 bit for rcp& rap developers, it gives me the same problem, Id like to ask you if you tried eclipse 32 bit and jdk 32 bit on a windows 7 32 bit operating system or 64 one ??
what was your environment?

thanks in advance,