Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

 
shem
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:46 am

Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 am

Hi all,

I am having the same problem and was wondering if anybody figured out what was going on and how to fix it.

I just set up a firefly server on my HPMediaVault NAS, and the ROKU has no problems seeing the media - the only issue seems to be the zero length playlists.

I have tried creating the playlists with WinAmp and WMP 11 (saving as an M3u file) with the same result. The path in the playlist file is using the full network path - \\HPMediaVault\...

Thanks for your help,

-Shem
 
rpedde
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:25 pm

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:02 pm

shem wrote:
Hi all,

I am having the same problem and was wondering if anybody figured out what was going on and how to fix it.

I just set up a firefly server on my HPMediaVault NAS, and the ROKU has no problems seeing the media - the only issue seems to be the zero length playlists.

I have tried creating the playlists with WinAmp and WMP 11 (saving as an M3u file) with the same result. The path in the playlist file is using the full network path - \\HPMediaVault\...

Thanks for your help,

-Shem


I think the best answer is (aside from case issues), making sure to save he m3u files in "relative" m3u format rather than "absolute", and saving it on on the slug where it's going to live, rather than saving it on the windows machine and copying it.

That should work.

-- Ron
 
ime95mos
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:32 am

What is really the easiest way of getting playlists to work with the Soundbridge? I don't want to convert anything.

Suggesions? What programs should I use ?

Spending time to "fix" playlists is a waste, I want to enjoy the music :-)
 
rpedde
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:25 pm

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:57 pm

ime95mos wrote:
What is really the easiest way of getting playlists to work with the Soundbridge? I don't want to convert anything.

Suggesions? What programs should I use ?

Spending time to "fix" playlists is a waste, I want to enjoy the music :-)


If it's on windows, then just save them as .m3u files from whatever playlist editor you are using. Make sure they are somewhere under the directory that you have set for your music directory in firefly, and that should be it.

-- Ron
 
ime95mos
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:31 pm

rpedde wrote:
ime95mos wrote:
What is really the easiest way of getting playlists to work with the Soundbridge? I don't want to convert anything.

Suggesions? What programs should I use ?

Spending time to "fix" playlists is a waste, I want to enjoy the music :-)


If it's on windows, then just save them as .m3u files from whatever playlist editor you are using. Make sure they are somewhere under the directory that you have set for your music directory in firefly, and that should be it.

-- Ron


I have Winamp, Mediaplayer, Mediamonkey. Which is the better one?
 
rpedde
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:25 pm

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:22 pm

ime95mos wrote:
rpedde wrote:
ime95mos wrote:
What is really the easiest way of getting playlists to work with the Soundbridge? I don't want to convert anything.

Suggesions? What programs should I use ?

Spending time to "fix" playlists is a waste, I want to enjoy the music :-)


If it's on windows, then just save them as .m3u files from whatever playlist editor you are using. Make sure they are somewhere under the directory that you have set for your music directory in firefly, and that should be it.

-- Ron


I have Winamp, Mediaplayer, Mediamonkey. Which is the better one?


Truthfully, I'm not sure. I'm a mac/linux guy.

I think any of them should work okay, so long as it has the ability to save in relative versus absolute mode, and with .m3u extension.

I'm pretty sure I've heard reports of all of those working.

-- Ron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests