I'm at my wits end. I've installed Firefly (Svn-1586) on my Windows Server 2003 with no apparent issues.
No matter what I do, I cannot get the Soundbridge Radio (running 3.0.49 software) to see the firefly library. It just doesn't come up in the list of sources.
I configured my router (Dlink DIR-655) to do multicast. I'm pretty sure that's working and configured properly because I installed Itunes on a PC with a Wireless connection to the same router and it sees the FF library just fine.
Here's what I've tried to no avail. Any suggestions welcome:
- Removed all encryption from my wireless (momentarily)
- Changed the FF port from 9999 to 3689 (and back - Itunes found the library on both)
- Resarted FF and the Windows Server itself
- Removed anything that was making the Roku special (DHCP reservation, QOS settings, WISH settings) so it looks the same as the PC that ITunes is on.
- Restarted the roku several times...
- Stopped sharing from Windows Media Player 11 on the same server, just in case of conflict. Incidentally, that normally works fine - but I want to be able to transcode from WMA lossless to a lower bitrate.
Would love your suggestions of what to do next?
Roku - any change of 802.11g being supported so I can avoid transcoding altogether?