Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

xtaticinde
Topic Author

Cannot See Firefly With Dlink Wireless DIR-655 Router

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:35 pm

I see someone else was having issues with the very same router.
It does not see firefly as a server. I can see all of my other music files and access my computer through the soundbridge. I now have the router and soundbridge hooked up through cables. It works fine. The main reason I use firefly is so I have access to the Itunes library. Do you think I should return the router since it doesn't seem like there is a solution? I am using Windows Vista Home Premium on a HP laptop. Any recommendations on a good N wireless router. I live in the USA.
Thanks for any advice,
Mark

sschnath

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:30 pm

I just had the same problem. You can try downgrading the firmware to 1.03. It will work with that version. If you can find it and if your router will accept the downgrade. I know that routers with HW rev A1/A2 will accept it. I've heard that the A3 rev will not but I haven't tried it myself.

Except for this problem, it's been a good router. Please email D-link about this problem. I did very recently and the response was that they were forwarding the issue to the product manager. This has been broken for a while considering they're now on version 1.11, so the more emails to D-link the better.

However, if the downgrade isn't an option you should probably return the router since there is now way to know if/when this will be fixed.