Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Jaime
Topic Author

Ubuntu + Firefly + External HD

Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi everybody, this is my first post:

When I add a new music folder with the path to my external HD I get this error: "Error: 500general:mp3_dir" could somebody please help me?

Thanks!

andyg

Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:27 am

first up I'd suggest upgrading to the the nightly stable release 1586 which you will find here

http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/

if you still get that error message then it's a know bug. change your config file as appropriate and save the changes anyway. refresh the config file and the changes should show. If they don't then manually edit the config file. You should find it in /etc/mt-daapd.conf

cheers, andy
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8

Jaime
Topic Author

Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:02 am

andyg wrote:
first up I'd suggest upgrading to the the nightly stable release 1586 which you will find here

http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/

if you still get that error message then it's a know bug. change your config file as appropriate and save the changes anyway. refresh the config file and the changes should show. If they don't then manually edit the config file. You should find it in /etc/mt-daapd.conf

cheers, andy

Thanks for your answer, Andy... I installed the version you told me, but now I cannot access the configuration page (http://localhost:3689/), I'm a complete newby in Ubuntu, so I don't know what else to do...

andyg

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:37 pm

I don't use Ubuntu so can't direct you specifically as to where your config file resides but it should be in folder called /etc/

How about doing a search for "mt-daapd.conf" on the Ubuntu box and it should then show up. You can then edit the path to your music folder and adjust other settings from there.

good luck!
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8

Jaime
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:49 pm

andyg wrote:
I don't use Ubuntu so can't direct you specifically as to where your config file resides but it should be in folder called /etc/

How about doing a search for "mt-daapd.conf" on the Ubuntu box and it should then show up. You can then edit the path to your music folder and adjust other settings from there.

good luck!

It seems that it can't work with an external HD in Ubuntu..., someone correct me if I'm wrong

stretch

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:38 am

Firefly runs with guest privledges on *nix platforms.
If the guest account doesn't have access, Firefly doesn't have access.

In your case, if Firefly can't see the external HDD then you have to change the access permission on the external HDD so that guests have read access
2 x M2000's
Infrant ReadyNAS NV+ with Firefly svn-1676
NSLU2, 500GB Maxtor One Touch III, uNSLUng 6.8, Firefly svn-1696
music library in FLAC format

scruss

Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:58 am

Jaime wrote:
It seems that it can't work with an external HD in Ubuntu..., someone correct me if I'm wrong

It works fine for me, and I'm using the stock Ubuntu build of Firefly. Can your system see the drive? Can you read/write it from other applications?
Hug a wind turbine today!