Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dbawilson
Topic Author

SB loses contact with Firefly when MacBookPro goes to sleep

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 am

I have used a RokuSB with iTunes without problem for years but recently added a Pinnacle SB to my set up which required installing Firefly. So far so good. Both can see and play using Firefly.

Problem is that when the Mc goes to sleep after 20 mins, both SBs lose sight of Firefly and display ' no music libraries found'.

Is this normal or am I oblivious to something obvious?

andyg

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:04 am

Yep, that's normal since the server must of course be running in order to access your music files. Aside from adjusting your sleep settings (tedious) the most efficient course of action would be to shell out on a NAS setup and take the laptop out of the equation altogether. Some NAS devices come with server software pre-loaded with a version of firefly or Twonky, most commonly. Best to avoid those that use Mediabolic since you lose a great degree of functionality (or at least was the case when I researched all this a couple of years back). If you decide to go the NAS route then this thread is good place to start (maybe starting at the end & working back since then you'll be looking at more recent info.)
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=6022
cheers, andy
G5, OS X 10.5.8, 3 x M1000, iTunes 10.4, slimserver 6.2.1/alienbbc (now redundant), firefly svn 1586, uNSLUng 6.8