Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

timw
Topic Author

Library shows twice on M1000

Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:52 am

Hi there, wonder if anyone can shed some light on this issue.

I am running Firefly (svn-1586) on an Icybox 4220 NAS, works perfectly (great software) - only on my M1000 the Library shows up twice, that is I get two libraries with the same name. One library works as expected, the other appears to work fine but has some quirks, for example, when browsing artists, then drilling down to Albums it will list ALL albums, not just the albums associated with that Artist.

The NAS comes bundled with an earlier version of mt-daapd, but that is turned off.

iTunes clients on the network only see one library.

Any pointers to a solution would be helpful.

S80_UK

Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:20 am

Have you tried going into the System Configuration menu and selecting "Restart SoundBridge". That will force the SoundBridge to re-learn the available servers and may remove the duplicate.
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i

timw
Topic Author

Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:23 am

S80_UK wrote:
Have you tried going into the System Configuration menu and selecting "Restart SoundBridge". That will force the SoundBridge to re-learn the available servers and may remove the duplicate.

Thanks, tried this but it didn't make any difference. Nor does a complete power-off.

timw
Topic Author

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:55 am

bregent wrote:
I get the exact symptoms intermittently on my HP Media Vault. The library is listed twice and the second version is quirky, with every album in the library listed for any artist. Running svn-1696

But resetting the SB always fixes it. Have you tried restarting the NAS?

Thanks, nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have tried retsarting every link in the chain but to no avail!

jjaf

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:44 am

The NAS comes bundled with an earlier version of mt-daapd, but that is turned off.

How have you turned it off? Sounds like you have two Firefly services running.

timw
Topic Author

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:44 am

jjaf wrote:

How have you turned it off? Sounds like you have two Firefly services running.

Thanks for your input. I suspected two services. The built-in daap is turned off in the user interface of the NAS. My unix knowledge is limited, but a check of the services running using ps ax doesn't turn up anything suspicious - although just now I notice two references to the name of the server (The_Music_Box) against daap and rsp protocols. Could this be the problem. As a previuos correspondent said, I might be better asking on the Firefly forums.

2769 nobody 4192 S /mnt/md1/public/applications/mt-daapd/bin/mt-daapd -m -c /mnt/md1/public/applications/mt-daapd/conf/mt-daapd.conf
2775 nobody 4192 S /mnt/md1/public/applications/mt-daapd/bin/mt-daapd -m -c /mnt/md1/public/applications/mt-daapd/conf/mt-daapd.conf
2781 root 584 S /sbin/mDNSResponderPosix -n The_Music_Box -t _daap._tcp -p 3689 -P /tmp/ff_mDNS_daap.pid -b
2783 root 584 S /sbin/mDNSResponderPosix -n The_Music_Box -t _rsp._tcp -p 3689 -P /tmp/ff_mDNS_rsp.pid -b
2814 nobody 4192 S /mnt/md1/public/applications/mt-daapd/bin/mt-daapd -m -c /mnt/md1/public/applications/mt-daapd/conf/mt-daapd.conf
2875 root 636 R ps ax

jjaf

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:22 pm

I expect turning it off at the NAS UI has permanently disabled it, unlike if you had simply clicked the Stop server button on the Firefly web config page. The two entries for rsp and daap protocols is correct for a single instance.

Is it possible you have Bonjour running on a PC, it may be repeating the FF server multicast? (With my FF setup on a Linskstation Pro, I have to have Bonjour running on a PC, but I think that is a problem with that build.)

Sorry I cannot be any more help with *nix.

timw
Topic Author

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:26 am

By way of an update, the helpful folk on the Firefly forums suggest that the SB should ignore the DAAP server if an RSP server is found (presumably if at the same ip with the same service name). It looks like my SB is not behaving like that. Perhaps a firmware issue? I need to check whether I have the latest firmware.

tal

Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:56 am

timw wrote:
By way of an update, the helpful folk on the Firefly forums suggest that the SB should ignore the DAAP server if an RSP server is found (presumably if at the same ip with the same service name). It looks like my SB is not behaving like that. Perhaps a firmware issue? I need to check whether I have the latest firmware.

I have the same issue from time to time and resetting the SoundBridge always fixes it. To me it seems the second server only appears after I've select a preset that is bound to a playlist from that server.

I guess that it somehow mixes up RSP and DAAP (although I have no idea why the second server has messed up information like mentioned above). So my money is also on a SoundBridge firmware issue. Maybe disabling DAAP in firefly will help (was to lazy to check since I rarely use these presets now that I know of this problem).

Thorsten
Easily control your SoundBridge from your Windows PC or wireless PocketPC with VisualMR

kally

hi

Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:06 pm

Marketing tends to be seen as a creative industry, which includes advertising, distribution and selling. It is also concerned with anticipating the customers' future needs and wants, which are often discovered through market research