Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

sdubose99
Topic Author

Latest/Best/Simplest install instructions -- Linkstation Pro

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:22 am

Can someone point me to the most straightforward install instructions for Firefly onto a Linkstation Pro? It has Twonky on it currently but I'm not happy with it...

I used to be able to find resources but it seems to me they might be outdated or inaccurate. I'm not real linux savvy so I'd prefer something that is as simple as possible.

Much thanks...
Scott

jjaf

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi sdubose99

I use Firefly on a LS Pro, using stock firmware not the jtymod version. I have one problem with it - I have to keep Bonjour running on a PC in order for the FF library to be seen by Soundbridge. When I asked about this, the FF forum response was it must be the router. I seriously doubt this otherwise the DAAP packets would not be getting through to the PC.

What I suspect is the problem is that the RCP packets are not getting out of the LS despite the log file saying they are being sent. If you have a Roku branded Soundbridge then perhaps this will pick up the DAAP packets directly. The Pinnacle branded versions are not DAAP enabled.

Now comes the difficult part - the FF web site is unavailable again. I have an offline version of the LS Pro install instructions and you also need the install packages. I suggest you send me a PM and we can work out a way of you getting this.
R1000, M400, M1001