Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

curtisn
Topic Author

iTunes

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:40 pm

I am running Firefly on a Netgear NAS, but iTunes clients don't see the server. Firefly client sees the server. Port 3689 is open, and I assume the router is set up correctly since Firefly client sees the music. Why can't I get the iTunes server to work?

joze

Re: iTunes

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Hello All...

I've installed FireFly DAAP and seems very simple and powerful, but after a while a Noticed two issues.

There is always a crash when I try to use access it from RythmBox(Ubuntu 10.04LT)
Here I realized that was an issue with RythmBox removing some conection headers,So it is not a FireFly issue

However I also experienced that Itunes10 wasnt happy with our MediaServer, seems that it doesnt retrieve the song list properly.
Did you notice that?Have found nothing into the forum...so dont know if it is a known issue or not.

Im using a firefly svn-1696 version. Is there a new Linux(arm version) that solves that available?

dupondt

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Hello joze,

welcome to the forums.

However I also experienced that Itunes10 wasnt happy with our MediaServer, seems that it doesnt retrieve the song list properly.
Did you notice that?Have found nothing into the forum...so dont know if it is a known issue or not.

Apple (deliberately?) bricked it once again. Have a look at this thread in the Apple support forums.

Im using a firefly svn-1696 version. Is there a new Linux(arm version) that solves that available?

svn-1696 is the latest version and there will be no further development.

Greetings
dupondt
(a happy Media Monkey user who doesn't understand why people still use Apple's media bloatware)
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

joze

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks for your response Dupondt

I was aware of that thread and in my opinion is more than probably that Apple intentionally did it.
Well, knowing that, I expected to know the road plan(if any) for Firefly.

As you know, there are some code patch proposals out there that would make it works(again ;)) ... and knowing now that
there wont be any further release, is there any chance to get to the source code...

I would give a try to keep it working

About Apple media, Soft policy, and that things...we could write a book.
Im an Ubuntu user, but I can understand people liking Apple, not everybody cares about computers, and they make it easy for that low-level users...(as girlfriend usually does)

Thanks for your warm welcome
J.

dupondt

Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:27 am

joze wrote:
As you know, there are some code patch proposals out there that would make it works(again ;)) ... and knowing now that
there wont be any further release, is there any chance to get to the source code...

You will find the sources of svn-1696 here.

Furthermore Julien Blache actually does a rewrite and already has released some stuff.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

joze

Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:57 am

Thanks!!

Wasnt able to reach it as the web has been down for a while.
Yep, There are people checking out the forked-daap, but it forces to update a number of libraries, sensibles ones.

So, having this patched would buy us some time.
Thanks again mate,

J.