Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

DennyMo
Topic Author

FreeNAS, FireFly, and Roku Soundbridge not playing together

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:10 pm

I've installed FreeNAS 0.7RC1 (Sardaukar), and enabled UPnP, iTunes/DAAP, and Bonjour. This is supposed to turn on FireFly, but when I log into the FireFly Server Status, it shows that Bonjour is Disabled and that FireFly hasn't served any songs. Using my Roku, I can access all my songs on the server, but It's obviously not doing it through FireFly. Most annoyingly, I can't access any of the .m3u playlists I have created over the years.

How do I convince FireFly that Bonjour is actually enabled? More fundamentally, how do I get my SoundBridge to access the music through FireFly? I'd really like to be able to use my playlists, and just going through the UPnP server isn't cutting it. Thanks.

DennyMo
Topic Author

Re: FreeNAS, FireFly, and Roku Soundbridge not playing together

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks for the reply. It's a Roku M1001, not a Pinnacle. The only library the Roku sees is the upnp one I set up in FreeNAS, it doesn't find the Firefly server or list it as an available option.

DennyMo
Topic Author

Re: FreeNAS, FireFly, and Roku Soundbridge not playing together

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:11 am

Both the server and my SB are hardwired to a Linksys EZXS88W switch. When I had the SB plugged into my router, the only thing it could see was the internet. Putting it and the server on the switch at least lets it find the music.

My main goal is to be able to use all the .m3u playlists that I created before I got the SB. They're on the server, and FireFly can find and index them, but the SB can't find FF. Thanks.