Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

MrGeneration

Re: Winamp plug-in for Firefly

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 am

Hey,

thanks for the Update! I will look further into it before finishing the Review to your Plugin. Hopefully it will work even better now!

Also, I want to wish you a nice time at the Beach, hopefully the sun is shining at your site, in Europe the summer is rather rainy.

As an idea about the configuration tool:
The way you can configure the plugin right now is totally fine. As additional feature it would be great, if you give an expert option, so you can specify an url without doing the config-coding. Would be much handlier for experts (and lesse complicated). Any way, that's just an idea!

Regards

Edit: A masterpiece! I could not simulate any further error - all known errors are gone! Very good, the plugin runs even more stable than the old version. You really did a good job!

Edit2: Just wondering if it's possible to edit playlists on the Firefly-Server with this Plugin? Because if not that would be a nice feature, too. :)

stormcock
Topic Author

Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:11 pm

MrGeneration wrote:
Edit2: Just wondering if it's possible to edit playlists on the Firefly-Server with this Plugin? Because if not that would be a nice feature, too. :)

Yes, its is possible to edit the playlists. Just right-click on the playlist in the tree. For smart playlists you can edit the name and the criteria (no checking of syntax). For a static playlist you can edit the name only. But once a playlist is selected, you can delete tracks from a static playlist, by right-click on the track. Also, anywhere you can right-click on a track and add it to any static playlist. You can create new smart and static playlists, by right-click on the Playlist tree item.

I have an update coming soon which will, I hope, address the configuration issue of not being able easily to edit the hostname and port. Also a general tidying up and making easier to use.

Try those right-click options!

BTW I use this with firefly svn-1586 running on a Icybox NAS. The client alos works with forked-daapd servers (which are more strict than firefly and require the use of session id). What firefy version do you use?

Tim

MrGeneration

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Hey,

I currentely am running svn-1696 on Windows Server 2003 (Small Buisness) with an Intel Atom 1,6GHZ and 1GB Ram. Mainly as Nas, but the server runs fine in this version.

Since my Winamp keeps to crashing I cannot try this option, but definitely try it out later - thanks! :)

Edit: I just tried the right click function and it works on smart playlists, but not on normal playlists for me (on normal ones it says rename, but even that wont work). Adding a title to normal playlists worked fine for me - thanks for your awesome work!

TrueOdin

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 am

Welcome back storm,

i'm using SVN-1696 on MyBook World Edition II and no crashes at all, it works like a charm.
Updates are always welcome for me, most of all if regards layout and user interaction.
Glad to know that it works also with forked daapd servers.

Thanks again for this cool plugin.

Greets,
TrueOdin

stormcock
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:16 am

Hi Bob,

A new version is ready, and I am just putting together some instructions to help in setting up. I hope to finish this weekend. Thanks for your interest.

Tim

bregent wrote:
Hi Tim, is the plugin for Winamp still available? I'd like to test it if it is.

--Bob

stormcock
Topic Author

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:43 am

Hello everyone,

Well, I have a new version of this plugin, which I thought I would make more widely available. I have made a number of improvements, mainly from comments from a couple of guys on this forum who were kind enough to test and give feedback. You can get the new version from the following site - link to download plug-in is under install and initial configuration.

http://www.wardfamily.plus.com/DAAPClient/

Enjoy, and feedback appreciated if you have time.

Tim

stormcock wrote:
Hi Bob,

A new version is ready, and I am just putting together some instructions to help in setting up. I hope to finish this weekend. Thanks for your interest.

Tim

bregent wrote:
Hi Tim, is the plugin for Winamp still available? I'd like to test it if it is.

--Bob

TrueOdin

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:41 am

Hi stormrock,

thanks for this release as i'm already testing it but...i found something strange in the GUI: it doesn't let me to enter any arbitrary server with a combo of "host:port" combination. I have always to set it up by myself in the INI. I've seen that you've inserted the piece of GUI where i can insert them, but you have to enable it ALWAYS as i would like to "bypass" the local service, with the remote service. It would be cool too, to insert them in the list manually like "found one in the local intranet" or insert one by hand" so i can configure them much more flexibly.

Apart of this, great work, and i'm going to test it further. Waiting for an update.

Greets,
TrueOdin