That IS odd!!
To conclude on your story:
- All the required services are advertised according to your printout (mt-daapd for iTunes, and RSP for your pinnacle soundbridge).
- Firefly is running and working for your iTunes version
- Your pinnacle soundbridge does not find the a firefly server via RSP.
I think there are more options to investigate, but they are not as easy as what you did up till now.
In order to check if rsp is working:
- Open the application Terminal on your iMac or MacBook
- Issue the following command: curl http://
<IP address of NAS>:3689/rsp/db/libary
In your case the following might work: curl http://Oldillmatic.local:3689/rsp/db/libary
If you receive a response: curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'Oldillmatic.local' you have to use the IP address of your NAS
- If you rsp is working, this command would output after a while a dump of the Firefly library.
If you don't get this dump I'm even more puzzeled, and you might need to increase the log level on your Firefly service