Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Darth Nemo
Topic Author

Playlists Not Showing

Wed May 03, 2006 3:07 am

Hi,
I've just upgraded to Firefly from Windows Media Connect, and I think in general it performs much better - however I've noticed that Firefly does not recognise any of my static playlists in either m3u or pls format. I have re-started windows media connect to check that the playlists are not corrupt and they still work.

Firefly recognises that the playlists are there but they appear to contain no songs.

I have a Soundbridge M1000 running version 2.5.150b10

Can you help?

Darth Nemo

P.S. Please don't make me go back to Windows Media Connect!

rpedde

playlists

Wed May 03, 2006 4:11 pm

Sure. Can you post an example playlist (a short one, if you have it) so I can see what it looks like?

werewindle

Wed May 03, 2006 11:09 pm

Hi,
I've just installed the latest Firefly and I have the same problem that Firefly does not recognise any of my static playlists in m3u format. I can play them with TwonkyMedia Server 3.1 quite hapopily.

Firefly recognises that the playlists but they appear to contain no songs.

I have a Soundbridge M1000 running version 2.5.150b10

extract from playlist: G:\Music\Playlists\Alan Parsons.m3u

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:392,Ammonia Avenue - Alan Parsons
G:\Music\Rock\Alan Parsons\Ammonia Avenue\Ammonia Avenue Alan Parsons Ammonia Avenue.mp3
#EXTINF:263,Dancing on a High Wire - Alan Parsons
G:\Music\Rock\Alan Parsons\Ammonia Avenue\Dancing on a High Wire Alan Parsons Ammonia Avenue.mp3
#EXTINF:201,Let Me Go Home - Alan Parsons
G:\Music\Rock\Alan Parsons\Ammonia Avenue\Let Me Go Home Alan Parsons Ammonia Avenue.mp3
#EXTINF:266,You Don't Believe - Alan Parsons
G:\Music\Rock\Alan Parsons\Ammonia Avenue\You Don't Believe Alan Parsons Ammonia Avenue.mp3

rpedde

Thu May 04, 2006 9:12 pm

werewindle wrote:
Hi,
I've just installed the latest Firefly and I have the same problem that Firefly does not recognise any of my static playlists in m3u format. I can play them with TwonkyMedia Server 3.1 quite hapopily.

Okay, I think I see it. I'll shoot for a Friday fix for that (with the next drop).

-- Ron

Darth Nemo
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2006 8:32 am

I've updated to SVN-1018, however the problem still appears to be there?

I can post an extract of my playlist however it follows the same format as werewindle so I didn't think it was necessary.

I'm just eager to get my playlists working again :D

Darth Nemo

rpedde

Sun May 07, 2006 1:23 pm

Darth Nemo wrote:
I've updated to SVN-1018, however the problem still appears to be there?

Sorry! I'm working down a list, and yours is high up on it now. I'll post something back here when I have something.

-- Ron

Darth Nemo
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2006 3:17 pm

No worries, and thanks for sorting this out. I'm impressed with the firefly media server and glad that someone is writing something other than the standard Microsoft offering which is slow and awkward and they have no interest in doing anything about it.

Darth Nemo

BuzzKing

Mon May 08, 2006 9:53 pm

I also have no songs in my playlists using Firefly so it does not seem unique. Will watch thread for further info, no reply necessary,

werewindle

Sat May 20, 2006 1:32 am

I have now installed svn-1055 and initially still the same problem so I stopped the service, deleted "songs.db" file, restarted the service and the static playlists now all have their tracks again and are playable through the Soundbridge.

Thanks for the help, Firefly is getting better all the time.