Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Any plans for a plugin interface?

Sun May 07, 2006 11:03 pm

Are there any plans for Firefly to provide a plugin interface so third-party developers can add on to the base feature set without having to touch the core code?

TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **
Topic Author

Fri May 12, 2006 7:24 am

Are there any plans for Firefly to provide a plugin interface so third-party developers can add on to the base feature set without having to touch the core code?

*bump*

If this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it, a link to said discussion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TheEndless
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)

rpedde

Fri May 12, 2006 3:23 pm

TheEndless wrote:

*bump*

If this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it, a link to said discussion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TheEndless

Wow, sorry... I didn't even see this post before today.

Yeah, the rsp output right now is done as a plugin, and the status updates are done as a plugin also.

I intend to have plugins for tag scanning, file streaming, general events and statistics, database, output, and general.

The plugin format isn't set in stone yet, and is in flux, but if you are interested in a particular plugin, email me at ron at pedde.com, and we can hash out what would be a good plugin interface.

-- Ron