Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

BuzzKing
Topic Author

Few "issues" with firefly

Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 pm

I am aware that this is a beta version but I have a few questions / problems.

1. Is there a way, or plans to, to connect to more than one folder location on the hard drive. I keep my playlists and mp3s in different folders.

2. The playlist is broadcast with the extension (ie playlist.m3u) is there a way to have it show only the name of the playlist and not the extension?

3. When loaded in itunes I occasionally get "fatal errors" and Firefly aborts.

4. I am not sure this is a limitation of Firefly or Itunes but it would be cool to be able to copy songs from the "Firefly" directory in Itunes to my Ipod. Currently all I can seem to do is play the songs using Itunes.

Thanks,
Rick Kienle

rpedde

Re: Few "issues" with firefly

Mon May 08, 2006 10:07 pm

BuzzKing wrote:
1. Is there a way, or plans to, to connect to more than one folder location on the hard drive. I keep my playlists and mp3s in different folders.

Yes, there actually is a secret way to do it right now. If you put the paths in the path field separated by commas, then it will use both of the directories. Soon(ish) the configuration won't be edited by the configurator application, it will instead by configured via the web interface. Right now the web interface is being redone, hence the configurator program.

2. The playlist is broadcast with the extension (ie playlist.m3u) is there a way to have it show only the name of the playlist and not the extension?

Good idea, I've added a bug tracking item for it.

3. When loaded in itunes I occasionally get "fatal errors" and Firefly aborts.

I'll be contacting you by private message to ask if you could email me your zipped db.

4. I am not sure this is a limitation of Firefly or Itunes but it would be cool to be able to copy songs from the "Firefly" directory in Itunes to my Ipod. Currently all I can seem to do is play the songs using Itunes.

That's not something I can really discuss.

-- Ron

rpedde

Re: Few "issues" with firefly

Mon May 08, 2006 10:50 pm

Good idea, I've added a bug tracking item for it.

This is fixed, and will be present in the next version.

-- Ron

BuzzKing
Topic Author

Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm

Thanks for the info and the quick fix on at least one of the ideas. Will be looking forward to future updates. Keep up the good work.

That's not something I can really discuss.

Let us know when you can. :wink: