Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kin-kwok
Topic Author

RSP: Routable? VPN/Tunnel-able?

Mon May 22, 2006 7:42 pm

This may not be the right forum to ask this question.
Is RSP routable? Which port is it using? How can I VPN/tunnel (SSH) the RSP over multiple-subnet?
I am doing this for daap with SSH and mt-daapd. Since Roku have full control over RSP, I think RSP should be able to do somthing DAAP cannot be done.

I would like move my Roku to different sub-net.

KK :roll:

rpedde

Re: RSP: Routable? VPN/Tunnel-able?

Mon May 22, 2006 9:14 pm

kin-kwok wrote:
This may not be the right forum to ask this question.
Is RSP routable? Which port is it using? How can I VPN/tunnel (SSH) the RSP over multiple-subnet?
I am doing this for daap with SSH and mt-daapd. Since Roku have full control over RSP, I think RSP should be able to do somthing DAAP cannot be done.

I would like move my Roku to different sub-net.

KK :roll:

It's the same deal as mt-daapd -- you'll need to forward port 9999 (or whatever port you are using in the config), and proxy bonjour for _rsp._tcp, like you are doing to _daap._tcp.

-- Ron

athenaz

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:04 am

I need to use a VPN to connect to a vista laptop? Hello, I have a xp desktop and the only way i can think to connect to my vista laptop which is not with me is through VPN but unfortunately it has to be xp to xp. Does anyone know a way where i can connect from xp to vista. Thanks.

mas

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Bonjour uses broadcasts, so you have two options

1) Use a VPN Network. If you have problems with establishing such an network between XP and Vista then use an external VPN application that works on both OS?

2) You can use something like RendevousProxy to have the Bonjour broadcast packets send out on your laptop. Then if that delivers the correct WAN IP/Port of the computer running the firefly server and no firewal blocks it then it will work remotely without VPN. There may be some safety issues to consider though.

Should be described already in other posts how to do these things in detail.
Those who sacrifice freedom over safety deserve neither.