no
1 (33%)

Total votes: 3

schiers
Topic Author

Does your Soundbridge reconnect with firefly after power-off

Sat May 27, 2006 2:49 am

Hi,

as I have a really anoying issue, I would like to know whether I am the only one with it. When I switch off my Soundbridge M500 and back on, it will try to reconnect, fails, and then reboots.

Anybody else?

I run fireflies latest nightlies on Debian Linux.

BR,
Carsten.

fizze

Sat May 27, 2006 9:08 am

Like posted in the firefly forums already, I currently do have this problem.

As I run mt-daapd on a NSLU2 with limited horsepower though, I can clearly see that there is more to it.

When my mt-daapd is in that state, its incredibly slow. This might not be noticed on a fully fledged PC though. On the slug it is. response times increase by 2 magnitudes! (x100)

while an iTunes client just waits like 10 minutes for the songDB to be transceived, the soundbridge wants to conenct, it fails, and then it displays "disconnecting...".
During that it reboots, and tries to reconnect. rince and repeat.

As it is actually working in iTunes (though awfully slow), this is definetly a roku problem.
Soundbridge M1001
de-u/c'd NSLU2 Unslung 6.8 - mt-daapd svn-1696

schiers
Topic Author

Sat May 27, 2006 9:24 am

Although I am sorry for you to have this problem, I am quite hapy to hear I am not alone. Would be very sad if we don't fix it and get this nifty piece of software running.

Grüße von der Waterkant,
Carsten.

rpedde

Sat May 27, 2006 1:56 pm

fizze wrote:
When my mt-daapd is in that state, its incredibly slow. This might not be noticed on a fully fledged PC though. On the slug it is. response times increase by 2 magnitudes! (x100)

That sounds like a different problem.

Are you sure you are using tremor-based oggdec, and not the floating point version of oggdec? What happens when you try and oggdec an ogg file from your slug? It should transcode to wav in better-than-realtime. If it doesn't, you have the wrong version of oggdec.

-- Ron

fizze

Sun May 28, 2006 1:42 am

erm, yes, but that would only apply when Im actually listening to an ogg file.
I havent even seen (!) any ogg files in the library even with the iTunes client, that is ogg-capable, through DAAP on the slug.

Anyway, I'll check my version of oggdec.
edit: its the right one.

-bash-2.05b# oggdec --version
OggDec 1.0 (Tremor)
Soundbridge M1001
de-u/c'd NSLU2 Unslung 6.8 - mt-daapd svn-1696