Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jian
Topic Author

Unicode support ?

Mon May 29, 2006 1:30 pm

Any plans for unicode support (think thats the word for it). Anyway I can't see the special Swedish characters in the metadata.

rpedde

Re: Unicode support ?

Mon May 29, 2006 5:26 pm

jian wrote:
Any plans for unicode support (think thats the word for it). Anyway I can't see the special Swedish characters in the metadata.

It should be, actually. There is a specific bug that's outstanding when the first character is a non-latin1 character, but other than that, it should be working. Can you describe more fully what doesn't work?

jian
Topic Author

Localized characters

Tue May 30, 2006 3:59 am

It must be the following bug I've seen

Description:
Localized characters (like the Swedish Å, Ä and Ö) are not shown if in beginning of a song when using Firefly. I am aware that this bug is likely to be a Firefly bug, but as it is announced together with this FW beta, I thought this would be a good place to post the bug.

Hardware and software configuration of SoundBridge and server:
SoundBridge M1000, FW 2.5.150, wired 10-BaseT
SoundBridge Radio R1000, FW 2.5.150
PC, 450MHz, W2k Server, iTunes 6.0.1.3, Firefly Media Server beta 1, 100Mbit Ethernet

Steps to reproduce:
* Set the SB to use Swedish localization.
* Add at least one song to your library that starts with the character Å, Ä or Ö.
* Connect the SB to theFirefly server serving the library.
* Browse for songs.
* Check the listing using the left and right browse buttons. The songs starting with Å, Ä or Ö are missing the first character and are not sorted under Å, Ä or Ö. The last character in the sorting view is "Z".

Any other useful information:
The å, ä and ö characters shows up ok if they are not in the beginning of a song. I haven´t checked if they sort ok, though.

Edit: This bug is solved when using Firefly Media Server beta 2.
Edit (2): This bug is actually only solved when using Firefly Media Server beta 2 if the daap interface is used. When using the RSP interface the bug persists.

Last edited by Tomas on Mon May 29, 2006 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

rpedde

Re: Localized characters

Tue May 30, 2006 2:31 pm

jian wrote:
It must be the following bug I've seen

Yup. that has to be fixed on the sb side. I expect that will be in the next firmware.