Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

scidude
Topic Author

ELO touchscreen not recognized

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:18 pm

I'm just new to the Roku family of products, but being a corporation of associated museums, we'll be purchasing more product soon. I ordered both an HD600 and an HD2000. We're trying to connect an ELO type touchscreen, (fully tested on a PC) and we get no response at all from the screen even if I have defined the whole screen as one big touchpad. When connected to a PC, one has to run a cal program to calibrate the monitor, if not the touches are way off. Why is it that the Roku HD600 does not have to run a calibration? How can the screen be accurate one to another, without being calibrated on the system to be used? My .csv file couldn't be simpler and it does respond to a USB mouseclick, but ignores the touch screen. Any hints would be very much appreciated because now we're starting to second guess our purchase here, and will have to go back to 200 separate PC's for our interactive needs if we can't solve this non-responsive touchscreen situation. We'd really like to base our platform on your product, and not PC's, so I'm hoping you have some hint or solution.

RokuLyndon

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:54 am

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems.

Which elo touchscreen is this? What size?

The elo screens normally just work with the built in drivers. The HD600 also has built-in drivers for 3M touchscreens. The HD2000 supports any touchscreen shows up as an HID device.

Please include the model information. For the HD600, we do have a calibration script you can run under software version 1.3.12. Please email me at lallydice@roku.com, and I'll email you that software and the calibration script.

For the HD2000, we don't have a calibration script. I know we're looking into adding one. In the past, the units had worked with touscreens without any needed calibration. You get no response from both brightsigns on the touchscreen?

If necessary, I'll see if we can get the same model you're using to identify and resolve the problem.

scidude
Topic Author

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:27 am

Thanks for your immediate and informative answer to my situation. Well...let me clear this up right now....The Roku was not the problem. I finally got a hold of a technician for the flatascreen we had ordered, and it turns out not to be an ELO compatible (although we were assured it was by the salesperson). We've since ordered a proper ELO screen and when we get it , we'll proceed. I'm sure it will work fine....ahem. Thanks for your efforts though guys.......it assures me that if we have any situations with the product, we'll be properly supported. I'm glad to see we made the right choice with your products.

RokuLyndon

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:45 am

Good to hear. What touchscreen was it by the way? If you can forward me the brand and model, that would be appreciated.

Thank you.

scidude
Topic Author

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 am

Hi Lyndon,
The monitor is a TTX 17" and it uses an "Ultra" glass touchscreen. I'm not quite sure as to the model number of the touchscreen. We purchased these units roughly 1.5 years ago, and I can't even find a reference to that description of touch screen on their site. So.....I'm not quite sure. I was told that the monitor we just ordered is also an "Ultra" but has an ELO USB interface on it. I'm still in contact with the TTX folks (John Fraser in particular) so if I do find out the former model number, I'll relay it to you folks. Thanks guys.

scidude
Topic Author

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:01 am

Hi Folks,
Just to let you know our touchscreen situation has been resolved. We got a properly certified ELO touchscreen, and away we went. It seemed fairly well calibrated right off the bat, so we're quite satisfied. It's amazing what we are doing with your equipment now.....lots of fun. Thanks for all your help.