Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bylera
Topic Author

Display JPG and Play MP3 when button pressed

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

I'm working on an interactive that basically all I want to do is the following:

From Main Screen (multiple buttons)
Button1 pressed - Show JPG and play MP3 but when back button or touch anyplace on screen it goes back to the Main Screen.

I was able to get the image to show up but when I try to create a multiple state using the MP3 it just plays the MP3 after the inital load not when a button is pressed. I'm searching through the documentation with no avail.

Can someone lend me a hand?

Thanks

RokuLyndon

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:11 pm

bylera,

A single button won't trigger both files to play using an interactive playlist, the multistate csv file.

You could have two button columns in your interactive playlist, a button 1 and button 2, where pressing button 1 triggered the image, and button 2 the jpeg, and then wire one physical button to two buttons 1 and 2 on the unit.

Another way to do this is with a simple custom script. That would allow a single button press to trigger the image and the audio, and allow you to go back easily as well. If you can email a description of exactly how this is supposed to work, I'll send you an example script you can test against.

lallydice@roku.com

bylera
Topic Author

Sent email

Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Lyndon,
I sent you an email with more information on Friday afternoon. I'm supposed to have a demo for this on friday. Could you send a test script on showing and image and playing a MP3 once a elo touch button has been pressed?
I did try and create a video file with the photo and the MP3 playing and set it up when the elo touch is pressed the video just plays. This works except that the quality of the image is diminished once put into a video.

Has anyone been able to do this? HELP!

Thanks,
Alan

RokuLyndon

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Can you send me the csv file you had created?

bylera
Topic Author

THANKS!!!!

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 pm

Lyndon,
Thanks for the custom script. This will help me in many developing interactives to come!

Thanks again!
Alan

dmalone

Re: THANKS!!!!

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:46 am

bylera wrote:
Lyndon,
Thanks for the custom script. This will help me in many developing interactives to come!

Thanks again!
Alan

I'd love to get a copy of this script.

David Malone

RokuLyndon

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:30 pm

David, I sent you an email with a zip file.

dmalone

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:26 am

RokuLyndon wrote:
David, I sent you an email with a zip file.

Thanks, I got it, but it has been hijacked and quarantined -- so I should get it in a day or so from the code police.....

thanks,

David