Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dmalone
Topic Author

Synching zone content

Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:51 am

Is it possible to have, say, two zones and synch the content. The scenario would be a slide show with textual information.

Synching could also be useful in a multi-zone environment to have a large image with secondary images appearing in sequence before a new large image appears and similarly have additional content.

David Malone

RokuLyndon

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:40 pm

When using playlists, you can't currently synchronize zones like you describe.

You can do it with a custom script.

How far long is each set of images on the screen for?

dmalone
Topic Author

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:30 am

RokuLyndon wrote:
When using playlists, you can't currently synchronize zones like you describe.

You can do it with a custom script.

How far long is each set of images on the screen for?

I've been testing five seconds, but this is too quick. I was going to see if 10 seconds would be good.

David

tomme

Re: Synching zone content

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:04 am

Can anyone share an example script for this? I have three zones, one with a continuously playing video that doesn't have to be synked. And then two image zones, one showing logos for our service providers and the other showing each service provider's products and prices. And I do want the logos and the products to be in sync so that the right logo shows for the products. And there are several images with products for each logo but not all service providers have the same number of product pages.

I started trying to write a custom script for this but quickly got deep into the complexity of handling "media list" events etc so a working example would be *very* appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas
Serverado AB (www.serverado.se)

RokuLyndon

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 am

You can do this with BrightAuthor 2.x that's almost released. I can send you the installer for it, along with a video I made on syncrhonizing zones. The video link is included in the pdf, along with some other videos.

tangopeter

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi Lyndon,

Can you send me the link for the zone linking as well please.

Peter

RokuLyndon

Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Here's the link showing how to link zones using BrightAuthor 2.0.

-- You can only send the link zones command on a trigger between files. SO, on a video end, or button press, or timeout, etc.

--Also, currently, you cannot send a linkzones command, and a synchronize command at the same time from the same event.