Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jcourtman
Topic Author

HDMI Cable length

Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:35 am

Hey guys: I've seen the max length for hdmi cable to be 50', without additional amplification. I'm installing a ceiling projector that will be approximately 25'-30' from the player. Can you confirm this is a reasonable distance? (This is a worst case scenario - may be no more than 18'-20', but won't know until I get on site).
Jeff C

RokuLyndon

Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:18 pm

10 meters or less is the recommended cable length.

Sandra06

Re: HDMI Cable length

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:48 pm

HDMI Cable length is the case you can be sure that when creating the system, the signal compatible (source) can be connected to a compatible device, which in turn can be connected to another using cables from the line and when you spend all their work. As with all specifications will be built a certain freedom - more technical - and if the sign of the delivery of HD enabled equipment required is best for the team to perform as indicated. This gives a couple of options, options that do not fit the specifications are not guaranteed to work like in the example above, but the options that has been proven to work and do not cost extra amplification.

hdmi cables

Dustydog

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:24 am

I would never run 10 meters of HDMI without amplifiers. The signal loss is not worth he risk of producing poor quality images. Maybe 1-3 metres max if you want robust and reliable signal strength down the cable,

Fabian

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi.

Just to let everyone know

I have a Dell 3300mp Projector, with a M1 Signal to HDMI adapter, with a 75' HDMI cable, I am able to see the ROKU main menu and browse channels but when it comes to playing or watching videos, all i get is a blue screen, I am able to press the home button and return to the main menu without problems. im considering buying an HDMI Booster or a better projector. Ill post my findings later...

Thanks,
Fabian