Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bylera

Re: Video Quality Technote & Video Conversions

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Lyndon,
I was just going to put in a ticket when I tried an app that I have had for a while now. It's call Abcc Free All Video Converter. Converted a file to MP4 with the exact same size of original file with excellent quality and it works great. Audio / Video and no shaking. Just thought I would post in case someone else might have similar issue.

RokuLyndon

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:37 pm

That's for the update. I'll check it out.

sarahprinze20

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:57 am

nice information thanks for sharing it with us..

Hochleichter

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:48 am

Hello

I want to share my experience with the HD210 and h.264/MPEG4/MOV.

I used 3 HD210-player to play in synch identical video. The synching between the devices worked well, but audio and video within one device would get out of sync pretty fast. You could tell it after a playtime of about 5 minutes, and the delay would increase over time, the video being behind the audio.

I tried several combinations of video codec / audio codec and container, and made sure I'm on the latest firmware, without success. Even breaking down the streams into several pieces, each in length around 20min, would not solve the problem. The bottom-line of my experience is that the HD210s are just a little to slow to play a longer video-stream with audio properly in sync when encoded in h.264.

My next step will be going back to MPEG-2 TS encoding.

Regards,
Philipp Hochleichter
Last edited by Hochleichter on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

RokuLyndon

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Can you send a sample of the video you were trying to sync? I know customers have synchronized videos over 30 minutes in length. The problem with h.264 is it's easier to get a file that's out of spec that we don't support.

Also, with sync, transport streams work best. So, instead of generating an h.264 mov file, I'd recommend an h.264 ts file. You can use a free program like ts muxer to change the container type on your mov to transport stream.

But, if you send us your sample files, we can take a look at them.

Either mpeg2 transport streams or h.264 transport streams should work well for sync.

Hochleichter

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Lyndon,

thanks for the reply. In the meantime I have performed a test where converting my movie to MPEG-2 TS, with the same results: Audio and Video loose sync, with the Audio being faster.

I used the compression settings provided under this link, only changing it to 25fps as I'm in Germany, and the source material is 25p.

As it's a 3h movie sending the file wouldn't be so easy (it's a good 10GB as a h.264 and nearly 30GB as MPEG-2). Maybe you could provide a working Encoder/settings that result in a file where Audio & Video play in sync?
I'm on OS X Lion, have FCS and Adobe CS5.5. The source material is EX/720p25.

Many thanks,
Philipp

Hochleichter

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 am

Hi Lyndon,

any response would be very much appreciated.
In general I like the players.

Regards,
Philipp

RokuLyndon

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:35 am

I need a sample clip sent to support so we can test it.

Hochleichter

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 am

anytime

just let me know where to send it to.

RokuLyndon

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:41 pm

send to support @ brightsign . biz.