Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

lsmithso

Re: Synchronization -BrightAuthor 2.0 - Demos Added!!!

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi:
We've just started playing around with synchronization and we're curious about how it works. We notice that without sync, the videos on two BrightSign units soon go significantly out of step, even after a short while. Both units are triggered by a udp message, so the videos do start at the same time.

We notice that when sync is added, the master sends a sync message on a transition, then waits for a response. I guess this is how it tees up the videos.

My question is does the sync only happen at the transition, or does it occur while a video is being played?

If I want to sync several BrightSigns, I guess I should have the master broadcast the udp packet. How does the master manage all the responses from the slave? Does it sync up on the first received response?

Thanks for any help you can give.

RokuLyndon

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Yes, the sync only happens at the start of the video. The reason two units can drift is their clocks might be running slow or fast, within a certain variance. So, if you have one unit running a little fast, and one a little slow, that would give you the largest drift.

THe master doesn't actually listen for input from the slaves. It just sents a preload command, then waits anywhere from 300 - 500ms, then sends a play command.

reygydfhwe

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 pm

I have two brightsign units : HD 1010 and HD 210

Is it possible to connect HD 210 to an elotouch monitor (VGA, and USB) to display a menu and control HD 1010 wich display a program on another monitor ?
You don't need a script, just a brightauthor project on each. You can setup the master unit to send udp commands to the slave unit when you push a button, and then on the slave, you listen for udp commands to tell you what videos or files to play.

weddingdresses

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:42 am

We've just started playing around with synchronization and we're curious about how it works. We notice that without sync, the videos on two BrightSign units soon go significantly out of step, even after a short while. Both units are triggered by a udp message, so the videos do start at the same time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trumpet Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|Column Wedding Dresses

RokuLyndon

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Please take a look at the sync video in our tutorials section. It walks through using sync with our brightauthor software.