Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Ceo
Topic Author

Control a DMX whith Brightsin

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:05 am

I'm working in a museum control and i need syncronize six screens to play and stop successively. I too need (this is the problem) atenuate the ambiental light syncronize whith the start of projections. I kown that i need a DMX control and a dimmer, but, how can i send from the BrightSign the signal? What port i need in the DMX?

Thanks in advance

David

RokuLyndon

Re: Control a DMX whith Brightsin

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:08 am

Please take a look at hms-electronics.com. They make a board that lets you control DMX lighting from the brightsign.

davidmp

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:26 am

Hello
concerning the dimmer,
Does anyone know if Dmx Controller Dimmer Kit K8039 Power Light or the Daly system is compatible with the HD1010?

Fluorescent need a dimmer that is automated and compatible with HD1010.

Thank you very much

Lightech

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:19 pm

To control the "Dmx Controller Dimmer Kit K8039 Power Light" from a BrightSign unit, you need a device to generate the DMX-signal, for example the one from hms-electronics.

To control a DALI device from a BrightSign unit I would do it by triggering the light presets set in the DALI system. Not by sending descrete light levels.
To trigger the light presets you need one relay output for each preset. It looks as hms-electronics has that as well.
You also need a DALI device making the relay closures into DALI command command. This is a standard DALI-device avaliable from all DALI manufacturers. It's a simple push-button interface without the push-buttons beeing mounted.

RokuLyndon

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:05 pm

We've also added support for a zwave lighting controller. The firmware isn't released yet but is up and running.

RokuLyndon

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:23 pm