Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

acalleja
Topic Author

DMX HMS board- ttlsend command

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 am

I have a DMS electronic connected to a HD1010. And i have to send a command through the 5V ser port to get the DMX running (ttlsend(64;65;128;128;50;50))... How can i send this command with the brightauthor software?? I have only a serial send string/byte options but not a ttlsend command....
thanks in advance

RokuLyndon

Re: DMX HMS board- ttlsend command

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Brightauthor doesn't have that enabled, so we have to use a modified autorun to get it done. Please update to the brightauthor 2.0 build 42 or later, using this link.

Once that's done, you'll need to use this custom autorun that will allows us to use the steps below to send a ttl command. This videoshows you how to use the custom autorun with a project. You can attach it to a project you're working under, using file - properties - autorun - custom.

Using an Interactive playlist, you can open up any file, or event between files, click on Advanced, and Add a Serial Send (nocr) command. Use the keyword HMS-DMX: and you can send your bytes separated by semicolons. For example:

HMS-DMX:64;65;128;50;50

So, to recap, please follow these instructions:

1. Update to BA 2.0 build 42.
  2. Use this custom autorun. See this video for directions.
  3. Add HMS-DMX keyword, and the bytes you want to send.

RokuLyndon

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:10 pm

This can also be used with the non dmx boards to control gpio outputs.

acalleja
Topic Author

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for your answer, I will try it!

acuson

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:53 am

Hi hms-electronics world!

the my board roku-c-16-dmx is connected to brightsign hd 1010 and through this link viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31022
I can send command dmx (ex.string = "hms-dmx:port1;port2;255;0;0;0" I have a dmx_ch1 full and dmx_ch2,3,4 off).
I can recive gpio input0,input1, input2, input3, input4, input5, input6, input7.

I can not recive gpio input 8-15 i don't undertand steps to be done in Bright Author software. can you explane me whit examples steps & strings?
I can not use the gpio output 0-7 and 8-15 i don't undertand steps to be done in Bright Author software. can you explane me whit examples steps & strings?

thanks you for your help and sorry for my english.

RokuLyndon

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:54 am

gpio output 0-7 is controlled using the normal gpio outputs on the brightsign. It's only 8-15 that require that you use the hms-dmx to send bytes to controls those outputs. Did you look at the description on the hms site that tells you what values are required for controlling the gpio output? If you tell me what values you want to send, I can tell you how to do it with BrightAuthor.

acuson

Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:56 am

thanks for your help.

example:

associate gpio input 10 to star "Video" in B.A.

associate gpio output 10 to end the "Video" in B.A.

best regard

Niccolò