BrighAuthor 2.0 customizations include anything from disabling the cursor, receiving bytes instead of strings, using the 5V serial port instead of the standard 9v serial port, automatically hiding text/rss zones when certain videos play, etc. The custom autoruns for 2.0 do not work with BrightAuthor 2.2. With BrightAuthor 2.2 you don't need customizations for switching serial ports or disabling the cursor.
- Update to Latest BA 2.0 or Latest BA 2.2.
- See this video for directions on publishing a project with a custom autorun.
BrightAuthor 2.2 Customizations
- Publish and Playback BrightAuthor files larger than 4GB on NTFS volumes - NTFS custom script
This autorun allows you to use brightauthor with ntfs formatted flash cards. We do not currently support the brightsign writing to ntfs so you can't do network downloads to ntfs, but this autorun supports playback.
- Random Playback of Videos in a looping playlist
Random video custom script
This autorun randomizes playback of a looping video playlist after the first time through the loop.
- Random Playback of Audio in a looping playlist
Random mp3 custom script
This autorun randomizes playback of a looping audio playlist after the first time through the loop.
- NTSC playback through center component connector
NTSC custom script
This autorun, supported on HD810 and HD1010 only, outputs 720x480i (ntsc) using the center component connector.To use it, you would select 720x480 as your resolution in brightauthor.
BrightAuthor 2.0 Customizations
- Sending Commands using TTL Port with HMS-Electronics Board - See this thread for directions and custom script
This can be used either with the boards that allow extra GPIO outputs (8 inputs and 8 outputs, 16 inputs and 16 outputs, DMX control, etc.). The output over TTL normally allows you to either control DMX or to control the additional gpio outputs. Note: This customization not required with BrightAuthor 2.2.
- Use Monitor Power Save mode - See this thread for directions and custom script
This allows you to use the PON and POF keywords to put a display into standby and take it out. This can be done using advanced commands in an interactive playlist. Note: This customization not required with BrightAuthor 2.2.
- Disable Cursor - Custom Script
The cursor "x" is displayed if there is more than one touch region. If you're using a touchscreen and want to disable the cursor, you can do so with this custom autorun. If you search for "EnableCursor" in the autorun file, you'll see both entries found are set to false. Note: This customization not required with BrightAuthor 2.2.
- Reboot on Command- Custom Script
Restarts brightsign if the string "REBOOT" is received via UDP.
- Display RSS Title Only- Custom Script
Displays on the Title field of an RSS feed. Some RSS feeds don't use the description field, only the title.
- Receive Serial Bytes instead of Strings- Custom Script
BrightAuthor assumes that any serial input will be terminated with a carriage return - CR. This autorun allows the serial input to be used with bytes instead of strings. This includes support for sending hex values to the brightsign. The brightsign automatically automatically converts any bytes received to their decimal equivalent. SO, if you send the hex value A, the brightsign will receive 10.
- Receive Bytes from 5V TTL Serial Port- Custom Script
BrightAuthor doesn't use the 5V TTL port automatically. This script changes the serial input from the standard serial port to the TTL port. It's currently set to receive bytes from the TTL port. The brightsign automatically automatically converts any bytes received to their decimal equivalent. So, if you send the hex value A, the brightsign will receive 10.
- Disable Looping of Audio files in INteractive Playlists- Custom Script
If you play a video or audio file in brightauthor in an interactive playlist, that file loops automatically, even if you're not using a media end event to make it loop back to itself. This custom script sets the loop mode for audio files to false. So, if you play an mp3 now, in an interactive project, it will play once and stop.