Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bsanderson
Topic Author

Pool Directory on Simple Network and W210 SDcard

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:24 pm

I know every time I publish to a simple network. I see new sha-1xxxxxxxxx files create in the /pool folder. These are tracking names for BS files that are download to my 210w.

I can delete the files in the pool directory on my web server before I publish new to keep that directory clean.

But on my 210W I notice after I clear the directory on my web server the /pool directory after publish has 11 shaxxxxxxxx files.

I restarted my 210W and it connected and downloaded the updates. But when I looked at the SD card after the sign ran one cycle.

The 210W SD Card /pool directory had 30 sha-xxxxxxx files. Is there a house keep task on the BS 210w unit that cleans up the local pool folder?

or will it grow to consume the SD card space?

I sure this has been asked before but cannot find any posting about it.

Do I have to manually have to clear out the pool SD card which means going to each sign location weekly? No a good thing..

thanks
bill
Bill Sanderson
inroomdeals.com

RokuLyndon

Re: Pool Directory on Simple Network and W210 SDcard

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:58 am

The brightsign manages cleanup of files on the flash card. Each time you publish, any new files are downloaded to the card, and yes, it grows. The brightsign doesn't delete any files unless there's not enough room for the next download. That way, if you create a project with files you used previously, the unit doesn't have to download those files again.

When you schedule a new project to download, and the brightsign finds there isn't enough space, it will delete any files are not part of a scheduled project until there's enough free space. It will not delete files from a currently scheduled project.

bsanderson
Topic Author

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:22 am

thanks I suspected this but wanted to just understand when planning larger SD card requirements and space .

bill
Bill Sanderson
inroomdeals.com

Talladega College

SD Card Requirements for Network Setup

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:48 pm

I understand that an SD card is required to stay in the HD210 when using it for a presentation and/or to setup the HD210 to communicate with the BrightSign network, but what I have not seen is if it is required for the the SD card to remain installed in the HD210 once it is setup on the BrightSign network? Please advise.

RokuLyndon

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:21 pm

The card is the only storage so it's always required, no exceptions.