Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

GeeKay
Topic Author

Live Video Module input delayed

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:40 am

Hi,
we are currently working with live video feed (S-Video, in this case) on a HD1010 with that USB-Live-Input extension.
The application has the disadvantage that you see the (camera-ed) live setting and the resulting (displayed) picture at the same time ... only about 4 seconds later.
I remember having talked about that delay to somebody at the ROKU booth on ISE 2(?) years ago, when i first saw the "live" picture there, and i remember he said something about a possibility to optimize that ...
But i don't remember if that was a setting, or just the entry in the developers' to-do list ;-)

Is there anything i can do to prevent the HD1010 from chewing on that video for such a long time?
Change picture size?
Change zone size?
Change some lines of the BRS file?
Use specialized firmware?
Use a "manual" script rather than a BA result?

RokuLyndon

Re: Live Video Module input delayed

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 am

Unfortunately, there aren't any settings to reduce the delay in processing the video. I haven't seen any firmware updates that reduce that delay either.

GeeKay
Topic Author

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:02 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
Fortunately i do have a "plan B" :D

descalzo

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:21 am

Is there any solution for this??

Is there any firmware update wich correct that issue?

We have a customer who needs to do a mirrow effect.They bought some BrightSign and live video modules, and now they can´t do what they want to do.

Thank you

RokuLyndon

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:08 am

Unfortunately, there isn't any firmware to reduce the delay. The processing of the video through the USB takes time with this adapter.

marijn

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:09 am

Hi, we are having the same situation here, maybe it is a good idea to mention this in the specification list, so that we can choose for this 4 second delay 'Feature' ;-) .