Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

videocompany
Topic Author

Transition time accuracy

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:08 am

I'm working on a project, where two png-images are screened in front of a background-video. the video uses a roRectangle for the whole screen-size. for the png-slides i created two roRectangle-objects, each talking half of the screen-width. the default transition is set to 3 (slide from left to right) and changed during the script to 4 (slide from right to left). i am now capable of sliding in the first png in the left roRectangle, then sliding in a semitransparent png in the left roRectangle and at the same time a second png in the right roRectangle, and as third step i'm sliding in a semitransparent png in the right roRectangle. This is synchronized over 6 screens so that i get a scope that is traveling from left to right and back over the 6 monitors, while you always see the background-video, either dark (because of the semitransparent png), or light with an object on it (within the scope).

Everything works really good and stable. The only thing that is not perfect is that the transition in the left roRectangle, while the right roRectangle doesn't change, is twice as fast as the others. If I have a transition in each roRectangle at the same time, both transitions take the same time. I could understand that the transition time is different if there are two transitions going on at the same time. But the transitions in the right roRectangle have always the same length, no matter whether there's a second transition going on at the same time in the left roRectangle or not.

It doesn't matter which roRectangle I create first, it's always the one on the left, that is faster.

As far as I know there is no way to set the transition time, and i'm completely fine with the actual time span for the transitions. But did anyone ever have a problem with transition time accuracy and could solve it?

RokuLyndon

Re: Transition time accuracy

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:17 am

I haven't heard of this before. Is it possible to upload your files for us to test and try and duplicate?

videocompany
Topic Author

Re: Transition time accuracy

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:16 am

I uploaded the files for 3 out of 6 players and you can get it here http://videocompany.ch/brightsign/. The mpeg-files are only excerpts of the whole thing but this shouldn't make any difference. You will also find to short movies in the direcotry to see what it looks like at our place.

The master-player is a Brightsign HD1010 and gets the commands from a computer over the serial port and redestributes them over the network to the other players.

Thanks a lot for your help.