Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

tmloving
Topic Author

auto publish?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:50 am

I have an image that gets updated every night via a script. It's a "safe days at work" image. It's part of a playlist of images. How can I have the new image appear in the playlist? Something like auto-publishing once each night. Normally I'd use mrss but I already have a zone doing mrss and brightauthor doesn't allow more than one mrss feed per layout. Thanks for any help.

RokuLyndon

Re: auto publish?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:26 am

which version of brightauthor are you using?

I have a custom autorun that might do the trick, but I've never updated it for the latest 2.2, build 39, but the older autorun might still work. This version downloads a single image and names it weather.jpg. And, any time the weather.jpg that was added to the project is supposed to play, this newly downloaded one is used instead. You would need to edit the file to change the url, and you can also go through and change references to weather.jpg to match your file name. But, it should work.

Here it is.

tmloving
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 am

No dice yet.
I replaced two url references to
http://192.168.1.120/~pptv/content/Content_Safe_Days/CurrentSafeDays.png

does the filename need to be included in the url?

Also replaced any references of "weather.jpg" to "CurrentSafeDays.png"

Tried BrightAuthor 2.2.0.39 with firmware 3.7.44
and also
BrightAuthor 2.0.0.35 with firmware 3.5.77

What about this line?:
if instr(1,ucase(preloadstate.name$),"WEATHER") > 0 then imageItemFilePath$="CurrentSafeDays.png"

could "WEATHER" be an issue?

RokuLyndon

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Yes, in that line "WEATHER" is the string it's looking for in the name of the file to determine if it should be replaced. SO, change weather to match part of the name of your file. THe autorun I sent was based on ba 2.2.0.37...But, that might work with 2.2.0.39....

IF not I'll work on freeing some time to test it. when do you need this?

tmloving
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Still nothing.

Here's what I edited from your script....
Line 21: sysflags.weather.url$="http://192.168.1.120/~pptv/content/Content_Safe_Days/CurrentSafeDays.png"
Line 3881: m.weather.url.seturl("http://192.168.1.120/~pptv/content/Content_Safe_Days/CurrentSafeDays.png")
Line 3884: m.weather.url.asyncgettofile("CurrentSafeDays.png")
Line 4675: if instr(1,ucase(preloadstate.name$),"CURRENTSAFEDAYS") > 0 then imageItemFilePath$="CurrentSafeDays.png"
Line 4832: if instr(1,ucase(zone.preloadstate.name$),"CURRENTSAFEDAYS") > 0 then imageItemFilePath$="CurrentSafeDays.png"
Line 5917: if instr(1,ucase(state.name$),"CURRENTSAFEDAYS") > 0 then filepath$="CurrentSafeDays.png"

When you can. Thanks for the help.