Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

wdw1965
Topic Author

RSS Feeds

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:13 am

I am currently looking at rolling out a digital signage project using several of the HD210w models. I am currently in the process of evaluating the BrightAuthor software interface for managing several networked units and creating the display projects.

I am having issues with getting the RSS feed ticker to function. I have tried the latest BrightAuthor software version (beta 2.3.0.57) on 3 different PC's with the same results, RSS ticker will not work. The disturbing thing about it is that every other program I install on any of the PC's I have tried to get it working on which interacts with RSS feeds work just fine and operate normally, just not the BrightAuthor software. I am a network administrator so rights on the PC aren't an issue.

When I attempt to add a ticker, and insert the URL for RSS feed in to the address window which appears, once I select OK, an error is returned "Unable to access specified RSS feed, Check the URL or try a new one". I have tried several software programs that I can successfully access RSS feeds like I said using multiple other software programs and they work normally. It is very strange that evey program I put on any PC will see, read and interact with RSS feeds just not the BrightAuthor software.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

RokuLyndon

Re: RSS Feeds

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:14 am

If brightauthor is blocked from accessing the internet, it won't let you add any rss feeds because it can't verify them.

wdw1965
Topic Author

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 am

If every rss reader, feed reader, and aggregator program I download from the internet accesses RSS feeds through my proxy / firewall without any issues and are not being blocked, BrightAuthor shouldnt be being blocked. Doesnt make any sense...

wlabus

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:40 am

I am also having the same problems evaluating the products. Did you ever get it resolved?

FIXED, I was missing the DNS fields in my network setup. Entered like this and now working.

DNS1: 8.8.8.8
DNS2: 8.8.4.4