Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

denverwill
Topic Author

BB200

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm

I am looking for a BB200 to purchase. This is the old style GPIO Button Board which is unavailable anymore.
I have one but need another one so that I may test two units at once.

If you have one you no longer use, please contact me and we can make arrangments to purchase it.

Thanks and have a great day

Will

RokuLyndon

Re: BB200

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:00 pm

You can also visit www.hms-electronics.com.They make test boards for use with the brightsign as well.

denverwill
Topic Author

Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:52 am

Lyndon

Thank you for the input. Quick question, is there a way to yet to know whether the GPIO signal comes from the expander port vs. on board ports?
I tried the GetSourceIdentity but then I would have to know the number of the unit which makes remote upgrades a problem.

Again thanks for the input

Will

RokuLyndon

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Yes, it's possible to know where it's coming from. In order to process gpios, you need to create a gpio object for the expander, and a separate gpio object for the on board ports. So, you could flag which object you received the input from to determine whether it's onboard or expander.

denverwill
Topic Author

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:00 pm

I have created the objects for the expander and the on board, but am a little fuzzy on which command to use to determine which port it came from. GetSourceIdentity is looking for a integer where as the object name is a text function.

I know its simple but somehow its alluding me.

Thanks for your input

RokuLyndon

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:02 pm

let's say you have this:

onboard = createobject("roControlPort", "Brightsign")
external = createobject("roControlPort", "Expander-Gpio")

Then, when you check the message, you're looking for something like this:

If type(msg) = "roControlDown" then

if msg.GetSourceIdentity() = onboard.GetIdentity() then print "This is from the internal gpio"
If msg.GetSourceIdentity() = external.GetIdentity() then print "this is from the expander"

endif

denverwill
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Lyndon

My apology for not returning this response sooner. I was just able to sit down with my test units and test with the example code you gave me for determining which port the button press came from.

I was able to create a program to test and then insert into an existing program for testing and it all works fine. :D

Thanks for your help with this and have a great day.

Will Lovell
CEAVCO Audio Visual Inc.