Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Aaron2
Topic Author

Simple local (LAN) setup & operation assist

Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Hello

I'm trying to setup my first HD210 controller for local (LAN) non-internet operation.
These may be obvious questions, but its not clear to me how to setup the HD210 for a LAN or Publish to my local HD210 using BrightAuthor. I have an HD210 setup on my local office local network for my learning purposes, before I take them to my local school as a donation.

There must be a way to view, identify and manage local controllers on the same network. There is a 'Setup a new Brightsign unit' function, but not a 'View Active Brightsign units'. My test unit is setup as 'Standalone', Wired, Obtain IP address automatically.

The Publish button sends files to a local folder, not to the HD210. Should I select the 'Simple File Network'?

I haven't seen a tutorial video that details simple local stand-alone operation. A step by step would be nice.

Any suggestions appreciated.

RokuLyndon

Re: Simple local (LAN) setup & operation assist

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:42 pm

You need BrightAuthro 2.3, firmware 3.7.x, and then you can use the local networking feature. See the linked video.
https://www.brightsignnetwork.com/downl ... ublish.zip

With this release you can setup a unit for local networking, see units under publish (local networking), and under Manage, status. I would recommend using a static IP address on the unit, if possible. I would also recommend enabling the diagnostic web server on the setup page when you create setup files for the unit.

Aaron2
Topic Author

Re: Simple local (LAN) setup & operation assist

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:44 am

Does the newest Firmware update 3.7.54 also support the Local Networking Feature?
We have used 3.7.52 in the past for this application.

YES I found the answer, it does.