Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ppzone
Topic Author

First experience and few questions

Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi there.

We just started building an advertising network using HD1010's. However, here are a few little things that we have trouble with. I built the presentation under BrightAuthor 2.2.0.39 and our test unit is running firmware 3.7.52 (I had to upgrade it since it asked us at least 3.7.44)

- We have a 140px high zone at the top with inox-like image in it. We want to put date and time there. I added two clock zones hover the image zone and configured those to be transparent, but instead of showing the image zone underneith, it seems to hide everything and show the global background color. I then defined a background image to both clock zones with the same inox file image (and set transparency back to 0), but I still get nothing. Seems like background images aren't loaded in clock zones.

- Still with clock zones, I specified a custom font, but date and time are displayed with System font. Did the same with a ticker to show RSS feed and it works.

- Talking about the ticker, I use this feed : http://rss.radio-canada.ca/fils/nouvelles/nouvelles.xml But we want to keep this simple and show only the title. After a quick search here, I found out that I needed to change autorun.brs and change the line
description = article.GetDescription()
by
description = article.GetTitle()
. That worked fow a while until a pushed changes on the network. I found out that an update overwrites autorun.brs. So I copied the file under the name custom.brs, changed the line, and attached it to the presentation as a custom autorun but I still get the full description.

Any idea about these issues ? What am I doing wrong ? Are there bugs with either BrightAuthor software or the firmware I am using (apparently I have to use the beta firmware) ?

Thanks a lot.

ppzone
Topic Author

Re: First experience and few questions

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:12 pm

OK, figured out how to force an update of the autorun and the infos of my units show the updated custom autorun version. I am away of the office where everything is set up, so I will have the answer tomorrow if it worked properly

ppzone
Topic Author

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:13 am

Ok, ticker problem is solved.

Anyone has info about backgrounds and fonts for clock zones ? :roll:

RokuLyndon

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:52 pm

What info are you looking for?

YOu can add a custom font by browsing to a true type or open type font. You can also add a custom background image to a text or ticker zone, under zone properties, and advanced.

ppzone
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry for the late answer, I taught I had enabled new reply notifications...

Here's the issue I need to solve as soon as possible. I upgraded to BrightAuthor 2.3 with firmware 3.7.52 and have been able to put background image and custom font to clock zones (with prior version, it didn't work as expected).

So now I have a clock that works... except that it is blinking. I tried to look around if there was an animation, but seems you can't define animation to clock anyway. I also changed transition to No effect in Edit -> Properties, but still blinking.

Any idea on this ?

Thanks

RokuLyndon

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 pm

It sounds like you have the clock over an image zone, so it will blink on a refresh. If you're using videos only, try creating a project that uses the video only zone, and not the standard video+images zone.

ppzone
Topic Author

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks for your answer.

You are right, I have an image zone which holds a bar at the top of the screen and clock zones are put hover it.

So what I understand is that I must shrink the top bar and put background to clock zones only ? We will run some more tests this week-end before the official launch later next week, we'll try this.

Thanks a lot !

RokuLyndon

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Yes, you can add an image as a background to the clock zone...